Need to know if not only my issue - Watched Flag Problems whit youtube addons disappears

How i already speak about on title i need some other feedback to know if not only a my bad issue.

My config it’s:
Latest Pi2 osmc setup… latest version of youtube addons from github (GitHub - jdf76/plugin.video.youtube: Kodi's Youtube Plugin -- Please Check the forums before submitting an issue - also the same official on official kodi repo).

This is my issue:
Opened Youtube Addons… open the “My Subscription” feed and obtain the video list. From this video list i can see all video i already watched, it’s all are correctly marked with the “V” :slight_smile:.
At the End of List i can access to “Page 2”… i open “Page 2” and also here all already watched video it’s correctly marked.

The problem appears immediately after… if i’m on “Page 2” and i choose to step back/return on “Page 1” using the “…” or using the “Back” button on my remote kodi “reload” the list in “Page 1” correctly but all FLAG for “already watched” video it’s disappears… damn… that’s issue :slight_smile:

This happens even if from the, example, “Page 1” video list i choose to “go to” to a channel list by “context menu”… when step back to “Page 1” boom… all flag disappears.

This issue it’s also different based on the skin used… for example i have know:

• If i use the “normal” Estuary only the watched flag it’s disappears…
  • But if i use the latest and “old” Estuary Mod V2" along whit the watched flag it’s also disappears all Thumbnail of all video.

To make everything go back to normal i have see it’s easy… simply “Refresh” the video list using the “Context menu” option of, for example, exit from “My Subscription” and Re-enter immediatelly after.
Apparently this issue it’s related to the “step backward”…

It’s someone as see a similar issue on your osmc setup ? Or it’s only a my issue ?

You should be checking in the YouTube add-on thread on the Kodi forums.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=348464

Are you using a MySQL database running off of a low powered device and/or connecting to it over wifi?

MySQL ? I don’t even know what a database a MySQL database. I have noticed this issue right now only whit youtube addons.

Wi-Fi… no… my Raspberry Pi2 doesn’t have wi-fi but i use the lan port connected to router directly whit a italian fttc at about 130MB/s of speed in download. The lan port of Pi2 it’s “only” a 10/100MB/s so i don’t thinks it’s a internet speed issue :slight_smile:

The issue I believe is that if a screen is not able to load fast enough then if will just use a cached copy. It actually doesn’t have much to do with the youtube addon. This normally only shows up with people using MySQL databases but that is only because local databases don’t normally slow down enough to display this behavior.

I think in your case you probably just have a slow connection to youtube. I can actually reproduce this behavior by using wifi in my RPi. If I switch back over to ethernet it works fine.

As ActionA pointed out the Kodi forum would be appropriate place for this particular issue. I don’t know how much difference it would make but perhaps the people who make the add-on would be able to come up with a workaround.

mmmmmmm…but if you can’t reproduce this little trouble it’s problably only a my issue when i step back to previous page.
could it also be an issue with estuary based skins ? For purpose test i need to test also if i set the osmc skin and see what’s append…

but anyway this thing is something I have known for a short time … i have start to noticed it about two or three week about almost in conjunction with upgrade to kodi 18.5 on osmc. Maybe there is something to change in skin management or addons …

There must be a translation issue as as I posted that I CAN reproduce. Read what I wrote again. It is a Kodi issue, but I doubt it has anything to do with the 18.5 upgrade.

Wait a moment… you have say you can reproduce it but only when you use the wi-fi connection exactly ?
Have you say if you use a lan connection you can’t reproduce exactly ?

In any case also i make a great use of “Google Translator” usually :slight_smile:

However i just tryed to test if this little trouble appears also whit current OSMC Skin… i tooks this step:

1. Switch to OSMC Skin.
  2. Restart my Pi2 (i don’t it’s really need… but it doesn’t hurt :))
  3. Wait for restart of kodi.
  4. Open Youtube addons
  5. This time i have tested it whit the “History” Feed. I have open it and immediatelly after it’s appears all video i already watched whit my google account. On list this appears also the video i already watched from my smartphone and this it’s reported watched but they are not flagged by the white sticker on left on video title. On the contrary all the videos I saw from osmc it’s correctly flagged whit a white and big dot at left on video title.
  6. From this list… i scroll down the list and access to second page.
  7. Also here same result… i can see the thumbnail and i can see the white sticker for watched etc etc.
  8. From this list… from my remote press the “Back” to step backward to page 1 and…

here we go… i can continue to see all thumbnail but all whit dots stickers for watched video it’s not anymore appears. Do a “Refresh” of video list and all back to normal.

Problably it’s an addons little bug at this point…i need to test if this little trouble it’s also reproductable whit other view_id… ah on my case i use InfoWall or in some case it’s called “Large List” whit ID 55. Apparently all other view id doesn’t have the stickers for watched video…

EDIT
Last little test… whit “Confluence” i have also tested whit “Previed” view mode.
Also here… stepback to page 1 from page 2 all video it’s watched it’s not anymore flagged correctly…

But probably now I can go to sleep peacefully knowing that it is not my only problem :slight_smile:

There is a timer that is programed to a fixed length in the code of Kodi. I forget exactly what it is but I think it might be two seconds. When you first visit the page and you hit this timer it continues loading because there is no cached copy. You then go to the next page and it again loads completely as there is no cached copy. You then go back to the first page and it starts loading but this time when you hit the time limit it has a cached copy so it stops loading the page from the network and pulls up the local cached copy. This copy obviously did not include the watched status overlay.

The issue is with Kodi
The issue is not with OSMC
The issue is not with the skin
The issue is not really with the youtube add-on but if they wanted to they may be able to work around this behavior. This is something you would have to bring up with them over on the Kodi forum. This is not something the OSMC team can fix.

1 Like

There’s been chatter on this issue with Addons since Kodi v18. I saw the same issue with the Mezzmo Addon I use. I modified the Addon code to refresh the page on video exit or stop until it was fixed in Kodi 18.5.

Here’s one of the threads on the topic:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/16206

1 Like

@darwindesign ok… thanks for all info.

@jeff2 I have look the issue… the description is similar to what I am obtain right now whit the youtube addons.
But you say it’s resolved in kodi 18.5 and in this case instead I have no certainties own this release has create this little trouble.
If i can do i can try to open an issue on xbmc and if with someone we can find the “real culprit”.

I can only say that 18.5 resolved this watched flag issue I was seeing in the Mezzmo add-on. Given that the thread I added above isn’t showing fully resolved, it may still be an isaue with other add-ons. Your approach to open an issue on XBMC is recommended.

1 Like

Anyway guysi’m not fully I’m not entirely sure that little trouble it’s also related whit some little fix need to do on currently youtube addons.

Right now i have just tested a similar situation whit currently Twitch addons… how i have do:

1. Open Twitch addons
  2. Reach a user page… in my example italian twetch user… Zeb89.
  3. Open “Past Brodcast”. From First page i have a lot of passed livestream watched by me… all it’s correctly marked whit checkers.
  4. Scroll down and reach the Page 2.
  5. Step backward to Page 1 using “…” or “Back” on remote.

At this point… on my TV i can see for a little moment the Blue Spin icon and immediatelly after the video list of Page 1 it’s re-appears on TV whit all correctly video marked as already watched etc etc.

I have see on youtube addons this little spin it’s not appears… it’s like youtube addons reload a cached page but somethings goes wrong or somethings similar…