Need to use WiFi on RPi2 unit

I have moved my OSMC Kodi unit to my summer home, where it cannot be wired to the network as it is back home.
Instead it must use WiFi.
The RPi2B unit has an EdiMax WiFi adapter attached to it.
But on MyOSMC in the network page there is no sign of any WiFi enabling possible.

I am pretty sure this RPi2B has been used in the summer home via WiFi before.
The system reports:
OSMC date 2020.03-1
Kodi 18.6

I can connect to the box via PuTTY if I move it to the utilities room where the broadband router is and plug it in via wired Ethernet.
Is there some config file or such I can edit to enable WiFi?
lsusb reports:

Bus 001 Device 005: ID 7392:7811 Edimax Technology Co., Ltd EW-7811Un 802.11n Wireless Adapter [Realtek RTL8188CUS]

Or what am I missing here?

Simply put kernel drivers

dkms plus osmc headers and GitHub - pvaret/rtl8192cu-fixes: Realtek 8192 chipset driver, ported to kernel 3.11. might be it you need to double check that git if it is the right one

have fun

Sam removed support for some Realtek chipsets a while back. However, he has said that they should be returning in the not-too-distant future. Whether “they” will include your chipset I can’t say, but it’s probably worth waiting to see what happens.

I wouldn’t suggest you go down the path of using DKMS. Unless Sam has recently made some changes, it won’t work on OSMC.

OK, I see.
I had another OSMC box based on RPi3 (with built-in WiFi) already in another location (on wired network) and I could switch the two so the RPi3 is moved over to where WiFi is required and the RPi2 one I just brought here could take its place with a wired network available.
Both are now working.
I suspect the driver for EdiMax is what is missing…