New OSMC won't load thumbnails for movies

The library loads and the movies play, but no metadata or thumbnails. Hoping there’s an obvious setting that I missed . . .

Thanks in advance!

Well if it is a fresh install metadata needs to download and thumbnails be generated. So maybe a scrapper issue. Suggest to provide debug enabled logs.

I’ll double-check my scrubber and give it some time for the metadata to load and advise back in a day or so. Thanks for the quick response.

DOH. I just enabled the movie scraper add-on, so I’ll give it some time to cook and advise back.

After plenty of time to cook, alas no thumbnails or plot summaries although the movies play fine. Log available at /yiwuniyefi, thanks in advance for any guidance.

We need more information about your setup. You log is loaded with errors like:

21:32:46.666 T:1716515824 WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(pvr) in pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.wmc_141336330.tbn
21:32:46.685 T:1716515824 WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(pvr) in pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.wmc_32065729.tbn
21:32:46.687 T:1716515824 WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(pvr) in pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.wmc_32067732.tbn

So it’s not a scrapper issue, it’s an issue with whatever you are using as your PVR.

Thanks for the reply.

‘Server’ is ASUS F2A85-M PRO A85 FM2,
AMD A6-5400K APU 3.6Ghz,
Win7 SP1 64-bit,
XBMC 13.1 / ReFocus,
PVR Frontend/Backend: pvr.wmc/ServerWMC

2x RP/OSMC clients are connected, the one from which the logs were produced and another one that displays the thumbs/summary just fine (which also has the pvr.wmc add-on).

Not sure what else to tell you about ‘this’ RP / OSMC build.

Have you tried removing and reinstalling pvr.wmc? Same version on both Pi’s? Both Pi’s on the same version of OSMC?

Maybe I’m missing something but can you help me understand how the pvr add-on could prevent the thumbs and synopsis load?

I’m not real sure as I don’t use a PVR, but from the looks of the log the PVR is creating the info.

Not sure I follow - and did the logs show anything about the move scraper?

Nope, I didn’t see anything with the Movie scrapper. But I stopped looking after I saw the flood of pvr errors.

Try removing the pvr.wmc addon and try scrapping again. That would at least give a cleaner log to look at.

what scraper are you using?

NOTICE: UpdateLibraries: Starting video library startup scan
21:32:39.676 T:1958151088 NOTICE: UpdateLibraries: Starting music library startup scan
21:32:39.734 T:1958151088 NOTICE: initialize done
21:32:39.734 T:1958151088 NOTICE: Running the application…
21:32:39.739 T:1725690864 NOTICE: My Music: Scanning for music info using worker thread, operation took 00:00
21:32:39.748 T:1958151088 NOTICE: starting zeroconf publishing
21:32:39.750 T:1958151088 NOTICE: CWebServer[80]: Started
21:32:39.750 T:1958151088 NOTICE: starting upnp client
21:32:39.756 T:1632035824 NOTICE: ES: Starting UDP Event server on port 9777
21:32:39.757 T:1632035824 NOTICE: UDP: Listening on port 9777 (ipv6 : false)
21:32:39.794 T:1716515824 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan …
21:32:40.248 T:1716515824 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00

scanning taking 00:00… don’t look like it’s scanning very thoroughly

LOL - no kidding, 0 elapsed time isn’t a good sign. According to System>Add-ons, both The Move Database and Universal Movie Scraper are enabled – could the problem be they both are enabled?

It can’t hurt to turn one of them off. I use The Movie Database scapper and it works fine for me.

Disabled Universal Movie Scraper and restarted, stand by for results . . .

Welp - no bueno. I noticed something interesting – no movies show in the Kodi iPhone remote app, but they do show when I switch to the other RP host.

I think I’ll delete and re-add the ‘Movies’ menu item and link (unless someone has a quicker magic bullet), stand by for an update.

You could try by creating a new database. Just move (so you save it) your current database:

$ sudo systemctl stop mediacenter
$ mv .kodi/userdata/Database/MyVideos107.db
$ sudo systemctl start mediacenter

And try scrapping again.

Re-added the menu item and link, working fine now. Thanks for the responses.