New Vero 4K+ goes into blue screen loop when switching AVR source

I couldn’t detected any obvious in the logs but perhaps one of the other mods more involved in Vero video/audio driver development like @grahamh could jump in.

You’re talking about Atmos sound track … have you tried to playback with deactivated audio TrueHD support on the Vero? Perhaps, this sound format creates the trouble within the Onkoy?

Left a message to the other mods, raised your trust level to “member”.
You should also try the setting “HPDlock” at Settings->System->Video for your audio issue using DTS-HD. Let’s see what others will come with new ideas.

That’s a good idea.

Do you mean unplugging vero from the TV and plugging it back into the Onkyo? If the Onkyo was already set to the correct input, that should not result in a blue screen. I suspect vero and Onkyo are arguing about what resolution to use. If HPD lock doesn’t fix it, I have an idea for troubleshooting but you may have to use the commandline.

Edit: having read your AVR’s manual I see it doesn’t do any video processing as I thought it might, so nothing to twiddle there. Does playing with HDMI CEC and/or HDMI Standby Through reveal anything? (p122)

Post limit lifted

Thanks for lifting the limit!

Ok, we’re making progress. HPD-Lock does seem to have fixed the blue screen issue! Only thing left is the combination of 4K & TrueHd making the AVR flip out. I don’t have CEC turned on since I use a Harmony for all of our devices, but I’ll try turning it on when I get home and see if it makes a difference. I really appreciate how hard you guys are working on this!

Copying over disp_cap would probably do the trick; and negate the need for HPD Lock.

Just checked and CEC makes no difference on the stuttering issue.

Just for giggles, I decided to try the Kodi 18 beta build (gmc-19) and all of my problems are resolved. The new build doesn’t allow auto-switching the refresh rate so I just set the display to 3840x2160 and all is fine. I’ve tried multiple files and all work with HDR10 and Atmos audio.

It does. Enable whitelisting.

Ah, wasn’t sure what that feature did. Although when I enable whitelisting and enable the 3840x2160 resolutions the problem returns. Apparently my setup just doesn’t like the auto-refreshing resolution feature for some reason.

Edit to add: Figured it out. Apparently I have to enable Force 422. Once I did that, whitelisting works and I’m back up and running.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know.

Thank you guys for all of your help!