1 Like

You called it: https://paste.osmc.tv/otubuyacaj

You’ve added an SMB source, but haven’t actually specified a path

<source>
            <name>Windows network (SMB)</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://</path>
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
        </source>

I thought the device name would show up to be clicked on. Have no idea how to provide a path.

If you navigate to

Settings > Media > Library > (Manage Sources) Videos >

You should see the “Windows network (SMB)” source that you made. Highlight that and click the menu button on your remote then choose the “remove source” option. Now click on “add videos” then “browse”. In this browse for network location window click on the “add network location” option. In this window the protocol will be SMB and you will need to click on the server name option and enter ONLY the IP address of your Drobo (not smb://, not any share names) and then click “OK” (leave shared folder, username, and password empty). You will now be back at the add videos screen but there will now be an option called smb://[ip.of.your.drobo]. Click on that and see if your shares show up. If they do then you can use that to add in your media source locations.

If that doesn’t work, barring some insight one of our networking gurus might have been able to gleam from those logs, then I would suggest as mentioned earlier to make a user on your Drobo and then go back to add video screen where you were and with the smb://[ip.of.your.drobo] highlighted click the menu button on your remote, choose “edit network location” and then put in the username and password of the user you created on your Drobo. Click “OK” and try to navigate that location again.

This did not work. Will try the other suggestion you made.

Hi @comiccanuck – how is it going?

No luck so far.

Have you tried @darwindesign’s suggestion?

Working on it. One question, should the Vero be appearing as a network device/location? My WDTV media player did so I thought I would ask. Right now the Vero is connected to the internet but does not present as a device or location.

Only if you have DLNA enabled, or installed network sharing roles like Samba server from the App Store.