Newbie - Slow UI

Hi all,

I’ve recently transitioned to the Vero 4k and am experiencing a very slow UI when transitioning between ‘Movies’ and ‘TV Shows’. It often takes nearly 30 seconds before any data appears on the screen. Additionally (and this may not be related), I experience a significant delay between selecting ‘Update Library’ and when the scanning actually starts.

Any ideas what to look for in the logs?
NFS shares
Rapier skin

Any reason why you seem hesitant in sharing the logs? It’s much easier to see a problem than to guess which problem someone should look for.

You could try a different skin and see if the issue persists though.

Hi @davedavez – hard to speculate so far.

If you upload a set of logs we can certainly work things out.

What skin are you using?
How large is your library?

Sam

Sounds good. I’ll try the default skin and sort out how to upload a log.

No hesitation to share, just know where/how to read them in the terminal but not how to share them. Will read up and post.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

I think this is common with the Rapier skin. It’s my favourite as well, but the slowest at some tasks. Try another skin and see if it’s faster.

Well, damn, looks like it was the skin.

Tested a few others and little to no lag. @MidnightWatcher since it sounds like you’re a Rapier fan as well, any suggestions on other skins that you’ve found to be similar?

I’ve just gotten used to it. Been using Raper since I got my Vero 4K and was never able to determine the issue.
I was a fan of the Aeon Madnox skin as I like fanart and clearlogos etc (that skin is a BEAST though), and found Rapier to be the closest - I’d also be on board if there are similar skins with perhaps better performance.

I’ve never found anything I like as much as Rapier, so I’ve never bothered to switch. The only other skin I like is Bello but it’s minimalist and I don’t think it supports clear logos, which are a must for me.

I would agree.
I can’t recall if I ever reported this the Rapier skin thread on the Kodi forums, I think so but would have to doublecheck. If this is a specific issue with Rapier AND Vero/OSMC maybe it’s worth bringing up to Gade the skinner since we have multiple users with the same issue?
Skin link on Kodi forums:
https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=120
I’ll see if can get to that later tonight or tomorrow if no one beats me to it.

Posted in the skin thread at the kodi forums
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=344035

Thanks for doing that. It looks like Gade is pretty responsive so I’ll keep an eye out over there as well in case more logs are helpful.

Appreciate that, I’ll be out for the rest of today and most of tomorrow, go team! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Keen to hear his thoughts.

Cheers

Sam

A post was split to a new topic: Kodi hangs on Vero 4K

FYI, I tried disabling all other views except the list view I use and the library now pops up in about 5 seconds instead it 30.

Apologies for the thread resurrection, but the Rapier skin developer replied to our posts about this on the Kodi forums.

He’s re-writing all views, doing some optimizing, and needs testers for Kodi 19. I told him I’d post the request here as it may get more visibility to the Vero crowd.

2 Likes