No Bluetooth Option in System Sound after installing A2DP

Hi,

I installed OSMC on RP3 with ASUS BT-400 bluetooth dongle. I also installed A2DP package to enable bluetooth audio.

Now, I can connect to my headphones (SONY MDX-1000) however I have no option to use send sound to headphones. Just HDMI and Analogue.

I restarted several times but no luck.

Log can be found here https://paste.osmc.tv/oqokufeneh

Any advice?

Thanks,

Lukas

A2dp is not working with the upgrade to stretch you have installed. Some work is going on to replace pulsesudio.

As OSMC currently is moving from Debian Jessie to Stretch the A2DP package is not working. You would need to wait till a fix is available.

OK :slight_smile: I will wait then for the full update.

Hi,

I noticed that since the last entry to this thread the package a2dp-app-osmc has been updated to version 1.1.1. Should this update have solved the issue described? At least for my installation that I updated yesterday, streaming via BT to speakers still isn’t working.

Interestingly enough, even though my speakers are connected to OSMCs BT and audio output device is set to ‘ALSA playback/recording through the Pulse Audio sound server’ is selected, I won’t get no sound via BT, but sound via the headphone jack works.

Happy to provide logs and any other information if requested.

Thanks

Kodi: 17.6
a2dp-app-osmc: 1.1.1
BT dongle: Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)
on Raspberry Pi 2 Model B

With the speakers connected, please run pactl list short and post the output.

Hi grahamh,

Thanks for your quick reply. Not sure how to format it correctly, so here goes plain text. Let me know, if you need more info. Happy to use cli.

Linux osmc 4.9.29-13-osmc #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Dec 21 17:18:07 UTC 2017 armv7l

~$ pactl list short
0 module-device-restore
1 module-stream-restore
2 module-card-restore
3 module-augment-properties
4 module-switch-on-port-available
5 module-udev-detect
6 module-bluetooth-policy
7 module-bluetooth-discover
8 module-bluez5-discover
9 module-native-protocol-unix
10 module-default-device-restore
11 module-rescue-streams
12 module-always-sink
13 module-null-sink sink_name=auto_null sink_properties=‘device.description=“Dummy-Ausgabe”’
14 module-intended-roles
15 module-suspend-on-idle
16 module-console-kit
17 module-systemd-login
18 module-position-event-sounds
19 module-role-cork
20 module-filter-heuristics
21 module-filter-apply
0 auto_null module-null-sink.c s16le 2ch 44100Hz IDLE
0 auto_null.monitor module-null-sink.c s16le 2ch 44100Hz IDLE
0 module-systemd-login.c (null)
1 protocol-native.c pactl

Hi grahamh,

is there anything else I can do to support this case?

Thanks, Tully

Sorry, didn’t see your post. Use @grahamh to get someone’s attention. I’m afraid BT with the current release (stretch, Kodi 17.6) is not working as it should. If BT is critical for you, you will have to re-install OSMC from the October release. Otherwise, wait for an update to the stretch release.