No picture when resolution set to 3840x2160p 60Hz, Vero 4k+

Greetings!

After installing the latest updates on my Vero4k+, it stopped working properly with 3840x2160p resoution after rebooting the device.
I already re-installed OSMC (current version) and at the beginning it works fine but after setting the 4k resolution AND THEN rebooting the device, the last output I see is “… standy by” followed by nothing. Deleting guisettings.xml via SSH in order to restore standard settings brings the device back to live but 720p on a 4K TV (LG OLED55 E8 LLA) isn’t that great. :wink:

Logs:
https://paste.osmc.tv/abiqufawas

Any ideas?
Thinking about re-installing an older version of OSMC…

Thanks in advance!

You should keep the resolution at 1080p and enable Adjust Refresh Rate for the best performance and experience.

I would recommend enabling ‘Force 422 colour sampling’ under Settings -> Display. This should fix the black screen issue.

Sam

1 Like

Hi Sam,

thank you very much for your support.

Unfortunately, enabling “Force 422 colour sampling” did not solve the issue with 4k resolution for the GUI.
Did not matter whether to set it via (resetted) GUI or directly via SSH in guisettings.xml (with stopping mediacenter service before).

Maybe I should stick -as you suggested- with 1080p GUI resolution. Will try that now.

We recommend people with 4K TV’s set their user interface (UI) to 1080p. Kodi’s UI is not optimized for 4K yet and this can put unnecessary demands on your device and can lead to a suboptimal picture quality, as well as potentially cause other issues.

The settings we recommend are as follows…

Settings>System>Display>Resolution> 1920x1080p
Settings>System>Display>Whitelist> (empty)
Settings>Player>Videos>Adjust display refresh rate> On start/stop

Some televisions may also need, or benefit from, the following being set…

System>Display>Force 4:2:2 colour subsampling> (enable)

With the above settings your UI will be output in Full HD and your 4K content will be output in 4K. If you have any doubt, feel free to upload some logs so we can verify that your settings are indeed correct.

1 Like

Thank you very much, both!

With the GUI resolution set to 1080p, it’s working fine even after rebooting the device.

I’m happy with that. :slight_smile: