No video signal detected after OSMC system update

Great – keep us posted.

Hi Sam, today I received the USB A cable and tried to boot up the Vero 4k+ with it. Unfortunately without any success.
Here is what I tested:

1. Connected USB A cable to desktop computer and Vero 4k+ (tried with external hard drive before to make sure USB port works as expected) - no signal
  1. Connected USB A cable with another 5V2A power supply and Vero 4k+ - no signal
  2. Tried this on beamer + TV, on both devices - no signal
  3. Tried to boot from USB/microSD - no signal

Okay, it’s best to open a support ticket (support@osmc.tv) with a reference to this thread so we can get this solved for you

Thanks

Sam

I opened a support ticket / send a mail to the address provided Sam. Thx for your assistance.

@Sam_Nazarko Got my replacement device today, any hints about any procedure updating the system?
I assume updating a completely fresh system with absolutely default Kodi might be the way to go?

Sam sent you a device that wasn’t already configured with a fresh install? There shouldn’t be any issue with reinstalling the OS from external media, but normally all that should be needed is updating via the My OSMC add-on to be up to date.

I got my device from a reseller and wanted to know if there is any advice to follow any procedure so the device doesn’t get bricked after an update as with my first device. But this time, update worked, and i’m ready to go. Time to close the topic, thx everyone for your help!

2 Likes