OSMC and Nagios3? (solved)

Hi all!
Installed osmc today on my shiny new rpi2 and wanted to recreate my setup i had on raspbmc.
Really impressive performance, good work so far!
Already have fhem 5.6. with wiringpi and rcswitch successfully running.
No i am stuck at getting nagios3 to install via apt-get.
I get alerted that two vital packages “inetutils-ping network-osmc” would be uninstalled if i choose to install “nagios3-core nagios3-common nagios3-cgi nagios-plugins-basic iputils-ping monitoring-plugins-basic nagios3”.
Any idea for a solution or workaround?
thanks and cheers!

Small update, i installed aptitude and got a slightly more precise package error. inetutils-ping collides with virtual package ping. When trying “sudo aptitude install nagios3”

Hi

I have used the other ping package when setting up the network as I am sure you can see.

I think for the next release I’ll be using the BusyBox implementation of ping as this will prevent any package conflicts this way.

Cheers

Sam

1 Like

Very nice of you :smiley: Thx for your time and effort!

You are more than welcome. If this is not resolved in the next release do let me know.

1 Like

It is working! All dependencies met for nagios3 via aptitude! Thanks a lot Sam :smiley: Is there an easy way to donate a lunch too you?

Glad it is fixed now

There is a donate button on osmc.tv

Many thanks

Sam

1 Like

I realise this topic is a little old now, I’m just a bit behind!

I’m trying to get Nagios running on my OSMC pi using “apt-get” and get the error message

“Package nagios3 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source”

I can’t see nagios3 in the repo list if I search. Is there a way of installing this?

Many thanks

Nagios3 was removed from debian stretch https://tracker.debian.org/news/818362
There are many how to’s for installing Nagios 4.3. Just google “Nagios Debian Stretch”

1 Like

Brilliant thank you 4.3 was the magic number I needed!!!