Osmc Bluetooth dongle on appletv1 not detected

I plug the dongle. A red light go on but in my connection I still don’t have any Bluetooth. I did all the update.

Did you reboot after plugging it in?

Yes

Hi – sorry to hear it’s not working as expected.

When you say you don’t have any Bluetooth, how are you determining this? Does it show up in My OSMC?

How is your dongle connected to your AppleTV? It’s been a long time since I connected a Bluetooth dongle to the device; but if any driver is missing I’ll get this added.

Sam

I plug it on the USB port of my Atv1 but it doesn’t show in myOSMC. Should I do something else? Configuration/command? It doesn’t suppose to give me the Bluetooth in Network?

Indeed, it should show under Network.

Can you upload logs from My OSMC -> Logs, so I can see if it’s being detected?

Cheers

Sam

URL:http://paste.osmc.io/iyarecagem

Looks like the Bluetooth service isn’t starting properly. I’m not sure why this is the case.

Sam

So no solution? It could be a defective dongle? Maybe I’m just unlucky…

Did you plug the dongle into another device to find out?

AppleTV is a bit different to other platforms, and Bluetooth isn’t widely used on this platform.

If you’re getting a light on the dongle; it suggests it’s working, but it’s worth putting it in to another device to test

I plug it in a macbook and in a notebook. I’m not sure if is not detected because they both already have BT…

I also tested it in my samsung tv and is not detected either. Can I ask for a replacement?

A Samsung TV won’t detect this dongle.

You can contact sales@osmc.tv if you believe it’s faulty and need a replacement, but it makes sense to try it in a Windows PC first if you have one.

I’ll try the dongle on the device shortly

Cheers

Sam