OSMC boot system

Hi,
I have OSMC alpha4 in my RPB PI2, yesterday i made one update through ssh commands. Now the RPB PI2 starts with the OSMC logo, on it show the linux lines that run.

It is possible to get a logo on top (clean) and the code running behind not visible?

Thanks

JN

Hi,

If you ran updates on Alpha 4 you will have problems because Alpha 4 is not able to update properly to later versions. So you will have mixture of out of date packages and up to date packages.

There is no upgrade path from Alpha 4 to later versions so it’s strongly recommended that you do a fresh install of RC2. You will be able to upgrade to later versions from RC2 without issues.

Thanks,

The problem was set up hifiberry dac + in OSMC. I run a set of commands via SSH, according to a published post. From here on startup appears on the screen over the OSMC image a set of processes running.

JN

Sorry, but Alpha 4 is not supported any more so we can’t really offer any in depth troubleshooting advice for it, especially if you have made significant customisations to the operating system. Please remember that the Alpha releases were for early testing only.

I’d strongly suggest that you start fresh with RC2.

Good Morning,

I try to configure the hifiberry dac+ board, but i have some problems with that.
After several attempts with various commands, twice it worked but is unstable.Currently I can not activate.

With version rc3 the configuration problem is easier?
Can I upgrade to the current rc2 to rc3 version (not losing the settings)?

Thanks

JN

HARD (RPI PI2+Hifiberry dac(+)+RC2)

From OSMC alpha4 ? No a fresh install is necessary to get the new build.

In the moment i have a RC2 version. (I abandoned the Alpha4)

JN

You can upgrade from RC2 to RC3 without any problems.

I’m not sure if there are any changes that would help with the Hifiberry though.

Thanks,

I like to use as a music center.
It is with some frustration that I can not stabilize the HFBerry Dac+ configuration.
Who to configure HFBerry via SSH, or another way?

JN