Osmc is a bit crashy on rpi 0 w

I’ve been using osmc on a pi 0 w for several hours now. crashes frequently when navigating. is this common behavior? power supply is 2 amps and drives an rpi 3 with no issues.

reminds me of some of the issues i used to have with the rpi 1 b.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

I’m not interested in a resolution really. Just curious if it’s normal to be crashy on the pi 0. I remember it used to be on the rpi 1 b that if you navigated menus with a large number of items, it would often crash. this was back in the raspbmc and early osmc days. that got better with time and updates but wasn’t totally resolved when i switched to rpi 2.

i put openelec on it and so far no crashes. i don’t plan to run kodi on this regardless. have some pi 2s doing that duty. only installed osmc and kodi to see if the pi 0 was up to the task. at this point, while i prefer osmc i think i’ll recommend openelec for the pi 0.

however, if it’s not known to be crashy on the pi 0, i can reinstall it and create some logs if you think that would help the project. but i’m not going to run kodi on it.