OSMC Reliability Issues.Slow,Glitchy performance Pi3

In my continueing experience with using OSMC on my Raspberry Pi 3 I find that I have constant issues that I have to deal with on a daily basis,and have not experienced one single session of watching content without some problem of some kind.

Yesterday,I watched streaming HD no problem,flawless,no buffering etc and then today I attempt to watch something with no changes to the system and everything is completly glitchy.Constant buffering issues,complete audio drop outs,add-ons not launching.A nightmare basically.

I have a 100MB internet connection which never falls below 80 and all my other devices have no problems streaming flawlessly etc

Does anyone else experience this?Is it a WI-FI issue with the Pi3?

I don’t have such issues, while streaming always also depends on the other end and not only the throughput on your side.

Regarding Wifi, are you on the latest updates version? If you consider Wifi being an issue I suggest you check the Wifi with wavemon and also the performance with iperf between your OSMC and another local PC.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. Please see http://osmc.tv/wiki/general/how-to-submit-a-useful-support-request/ for advice on how to help us.

Provide debug enabled logs demonstrating the issue.

Where are you streaming from ? “Somewhere” on the Internet ?

What makes you so sure that OSMC is at fault here and that it is not overloaded servers ?

Are you able to stream content from a server or PC on your home network without issues ?

Every add-on has issues whether it’s YouTube or Iplayer or Russia Today.

I have two other computers connected on the same network that have no issues streaming,whilst the Pi3 is struggling to stream at all.

As I mentioned it seems to work OK one minute,as I watched a whole film in HD streaming last night and then today it’s completly unwatchable…even streaming Airplay Music via my laptop kept pausing and breaking up.

What is the best way to test the peformance of the Pi3’s WIFI within OSMC

As I mentioned iperf but you would need another PC on your network to test against

I can see that using the debug display…playing a youtube video causes the following:

CPU 1 Core instantly rises to 100%
Memory is at around 653000 KB out of 751052 KB
FrameRate drops to around 6 FPS
KODI CPU is at around 50%

The video is frozen and doesn’t play

Everything I open the video plays for about 2 seconds then freezes, no matter what addon.

To me it looks as if the issue is a memory one and that cache is full somehow and not emptying?

As requested previously, we need logs to get a better understanding of the problem. Please see http://osmc.tv/wiki/general/how-to-submit-a-useful-support-request

I have uploaded the log

You need to provide the URL that was given after you did so.

I was wondering how it would be tracked!?Where do I find the URL?

Use the log uploader, When complete, it will give it to you. Alternatively from command line grab-logs -A

I am looking at the log file via transmit,could I find the URL in the log file?

What is transmit?!

Oooops,sorry! Transmit is a FTP/SHTP tool for OS X

Wow… Just use the command… grab-logs -A

Will do.Just got to work out how to access the command line via OS X terminal

https://osmc.tv/wiki/general/accessing-the-command-line/

Thanks …but I’m one step ahead!