OSMC settings app

Minor issue:

Just noticed that there is an s missing in the “settings-osmcsetting.pi / GPU Mem & Codec” screen

Enter MPG2 Licence
And
Enter WVC1 Licence

After using the app to change the over clocking settings, on reboot I get the following error

“Script Failed!: osmcsettings.update”

Log file
http://paste.osmc.io/ehesipapez

edit: sorry for the stupid iOS auto text “On My Way!” that got inserted to the message, now removed.

Maybe a stupid question, but where can I find this settings-app? Or how do I install it?

Its located in the “Programs” menu on the Home Screen of Kodi

Also here’s the crash from my Kodi.log
19:09:47 T:2900104224 NOTICE: script.module.osmcsetting.updates : - Checking for updates
19:09:48 T:2900104224 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<–
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class ‘apt.cache.LockFailedException’>
Error Contents: Failed to lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/share/kodi/addons/script.module.osmcsetting.updates/service.py”, line 255, in
Main()
File “/usr/share/kodi/addons/script.module.osmcsetting.updates/service.py”, line 150, in init
self.check_for_updates(do_it_now=True)
File “/usr/share/kodi/addons/script.module.osmcsetting.updates/service.py”, line 212, in check_for_updates
self.cache.update()
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/apt/cache.py”, line 418, in update
raise LockFailedException(“Failed to lock %s” % lockfile)
LockFailedException: Failed to lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock
–>End of Python script error report<–

Did you install it separately? It’s not there on my Alpha2.
Sam also said in another topic it’s coming with Alpha3…

It’s in the proposed Alpha 3. I did a new SD image with the installer an selected proposed Alpha 3 as the OSMC version. After install it will be in programs on Kodi.

Ah, you’re on the pre-alpha3, that explains a lot :smile:

Must I buy codec licence again on my new pi2 or is the old suppose to work…they don’t.

The licenses are tied to the device serial number when bought so you will need new ones.

Okay let’s do so then :relaxed: