OSMC sudo bash script

I am using an ATXRaspi R2.5 with a Raspberry Pi Version1 Model B running OSMC in order to try to shut down my Pi safely in my Carputer. I have tried numerous times to install the script mentioned on the ATXraspi website, but after I follow the steps, the button still will not turn off the Raspberry Pi. I am logged into OSMC using SSH. When I run the first line to get the shutdownchecksetup.sh script, it downloads the script just fine.

However, when I try to run the next line I get the following message.
osmc@osmc:~$ sudo bash shutdownchecksetup.sh
Shutdown/Reboot script setup was aborted.

I think this is where the problem lies. Why is it telling me that the script setup was aborted? The owner (Felix) of the ATXRaspi website is very knowledgeable, however he did not know the answer to this because he is not that familiar with OSMC. Can you tell me why when I try to bash shutdownchecksetup.sh it tells me that it was aborted and what I might be able to do to get the script to run?

Thanks in advance!
Dathan

No one knows the contents of that script, so they can’t tell you why you got the output you did. Put the script on our pastebin and someone can take a look.

#!/bin/bash

OPTION=$(whiptail --title “ATXRaspi/MightyHat shutdown/reboot script setup” --menu “\nChoose your script type option below:\n\n(Note: changes require reboot to take effect)” 15 78 4
“1” “Install INTERRUPT based script /etc/shutdownirq.py (recommended)”
“2” “Install POLLING based script /etc/shutdowncheck.sh (classic)”
“3” “Disable any existing shutdown script” 3>&1 1>&2 2>&3)

exitstatus=$?
if [ $exitstatus = 0 ]; then
sudo sed -e ‘/shutdown/ s/^#*/#/’ -i /etc/rc.local

if [ $OPTION = 1 ]; then
  echo '#!/usr/bin/python

ATXRaspi/MightyHat interrupt based shutdown/reboot script

Script by Tony Pottier, Felix Rusu

import RPi.GPIO as GPIO
import os
import sys
import time

GPIO.setmode(GPIO.BCM)

pulseStart = 0.0
REBOOTPULSEMINIMUM = 0.2 #reboot pulse signal should be at least this long (seconds)
REBOOTPULSEMAXIMUM = 1.0 #reboot pulse signal should be at most this long (seconds)
SHUTDOWN = 7 #GPIO used for shutdown signal
BOOT = 8 #GPIO used for boot signal

Set up GPIO 8 and write that the PI has booted up

GPIO.setup(BOOT, GPIO.OUT, initial=GPIO.HIGH)

Set up GPIO 7 as interrupt for the shutdown signal to go HIGH

GPIO.setup(SHUTDOWN, GPIO.IN, pull_up_down=GPIO.PUD_DOWN)

print “\n==========================================================================================”
print " ATXRaspi shutdown IRQ script started: asserted pins (",SHUTDOWN, “=input,LOW; “,BOOT,”=output,HIGH)”
print " Waiting for GPIO", SHUTDOWN, “to become HIGH (short HIGH pulse=REBOOT, long HIGH=SHUTDOWN)…”
print “==========================================================================================”
try:
while True:
GPIO.wait_for_edge(SHUTDOWN, GPIO.RISING)
shutdownSignal = GPIO.input(SHUTDOWN)
pulseStart = time.time() #register time at which the button was pressed
while shutdownSignal:
time.sleep(0.2)
if(time.time() - pulseStart >= REBOOTPULSEMAXIMUM):
print “\n=====================================================================================”
print " SHUTDOWN request from GPIO", SHUTDOWN, “, halting Rpi …”
print “=====================================================================================”
os.system(“sudo poweroff”)
sys.exit()
shutdownSignal = GPIO.input(SHUTDOWN)
if time.time() - pulseStart >= REBOOTPULSEMINIMUM:
print “\n=====================================================================================”
print " REBOOT request from GPIO", SHUTDOWN, “, recycling Rpi …”
print “=====================================================================================”
os.system(“sudo reboot”)
sys.exit()
if GPIO.input(SHUTDOWN): #before looping we must make sure the shutdown signal went low
GPIO.wait_for_edge(SHUTDOWN, GPIO.FALLING)
except:
pass
finally:
GPIO.cleanup()’ > /etc/shutdownirq.py
sudo sed -i ‘$ i python /etc/shutdownirq.py &’ /etc/rc.local
elif [ $OPTION = 2 ]; then
echo '#!/bin/bash

ATXRaspi/MightyHat interrupt based shutdown/reboot script

Script by Felix Rusu

#This is GPIO 7 (pin 26 on the pinout diagram).
#This is an input from ATXRaspi to the Pi.
#When button is held for ~3 seconds, this pin will become HIGH signalling to this script to poweroff the Pi.
SHUTDOWN=7
REBOOTPULSEMINIMUM=200 #reboot pulse signal should be at least this long
REBOOTPULSEMAXIMUM=600 #reboot pulse signal should be at most this long
echo “$SHUTDOWN” > /sys/class/gpio/export
echo “in” > /sys/class/gpio/gpio$SHUTDOWN/direction
#Added reboot feature (with ATXRaspi R2.6 (or ATXRaspi 2.5 with blue dot on chip)
#Hold ATXRaspi button for at least 500ms but no more than 2000ms and a reboot HIGH pulse of 500ms length will be issued
#This is GPIO 8 (pin 24 on the pinout diagram).
#This is an output from Pi to ATXRaspi and signals that the Pi has booted.
#This pin is asserted HIGH as soon as this script runs (by writing “1” to /sys/class/gpio/gpio8/value)
BOOT=8
echo “$BOOT” > /sys/class/gpio/export
echo “out” > /sys/class/gpio/gpio$BOOT/direction
echo “1” > /sys/class/gpio/gpio$BOOT/value

echo -e “\n==========================================================================================”
echo " ATXRaspi shutdown POLLING script started: asserted pins ($SHUTDOWN=input,LOW; $BOOT=output,HIGH)"
echo " Waiting for GPIO$SHUTDOWN to become HIGH (short HIGH pulse=REBOOT, long HIGH=SHUTDOWN)…"
echo “==========================================================================================”

#This loop continuously checks if the shutdown button was pressed on ATXRaspi (GPIO7 to become HIGH), and issues a shutdown when that happens.
#It sleeps as long as that has not happened.
while [ 1 ]; do
shutdownSignal=$(cat /sys/class/gpio/gpio$SHUTDOWN/value)
if [ $shutdownSignal = 0 ]; then
/bin/sleep 0.2
else
pulseStart=$(date +%s%N | cut -b1-13) # mark the time when Shutoff signal went HIGH (milliseconds since epoch)
while [ $shutdownSignal = 1 ]; do
/bin/sleep 0.02
if [ $(($(date +%s%N | cut -b1-13)-$pulseStart)) -gt $REBOOTPULSEMAXIMUM ]; then
echo -e “\n=====================================================================================”
echo " SHUTDOWN request from GPIO", SHUTDOWN, “, halting Rpi …”
echo “=====================================================================================”
sudo poweroff
exit
fi
shutdownSignal=$(cat /sys/class/gpio/gpio$SHUTDOWN/value)
done
#pulse went LOW, check if it was long enough, and trigger reboot
if [ $(($(date +%s%N | cut -b1-13)-$pulseStart)) -gt $REBOOTPULSEMINIMUM ]; then
echo -e “\n=====================================================================================”
echo " REBOOT request from GPIO", SHUTDOWN, “, recycling Rpi …”
echo “=====================================================================================”
sudo reboot
exit
fi
fi
done’ > /etc/shutdowncheck.sh
sudo chmod +x /etc/shutdowncheck.sh
sudo sed -i ‘$ i /etc/shutdowncheck.sh &’ /etc/rc.local
fi

echo "You chose option" $OPTION ": All done!"

else
echo “Shutdown/Reboot script setup was aborted.”
fi

Sorry, I don’t know where to paste it properly.

http://paste.osmc.io

Try installing RPI.GPIO first

sudo -s
apt-get update
apt-get install python-pip python-dev gcc
pip install rpi.gpio

Thank you! I’ll try that first!

Everything worked great until the last command…
“pip install rpi.gpio”

It gave me an error here:

building ‘RPi._GPIO’ extension

creating build/temp.linux-armv6l-2.7

creating build/temp.linux-armv6l-2.7/source

arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -pthread -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fno-strict-aliasing -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -fPIC -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c source/py_gpio.c -o build/temp.linux-armv6l-2.7/source/py_gpio.o

unable to execute ‘arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc’: No such file or directory

error: command ‘arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc’ failed with exit status 1

Cleaning up…
Command /usr/bin/python -c “import setuptools, tokenize;file=’/tmp/pip-build-TlGDhc/rpi.gpio/setup.py’;exec(compile(getattr(tokenize, ‘open’, open)(file).read().replace(’\r\n’, ‘\n’), file, ‘exec’))” install --record /tmp/pip-FvVLRe-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-TlGDhc/rpi.gpio
Storing debug log for failure in /root/.pip/pip.log
root@osmc:/home/osmc#

I tried to go ahead and run the bash to install the script, but it still gave me the same error:

It didn’t install correctly because it’s trying to cross compile. I’m mobile at the moment but have coveredbthis on the forum before: hopefully a search for the error will help you locate it

You’ll need RPI.GPIO installed before the script will work

Thank you! I’ll do a search!

Not sure why bash is in there - the script has #!/bin/bash, so just sudo shutdownchecksetup.sh should suffice.

I finally got

to work all of the way through, after I first ran “sudo apt-get install build-essential”

However, I am still getting the original error.