OSMC - Two question, i obtain an error every time i turn on my Pi2 and question about advancedsetting.xml......... :)

Yes… 100% sure. You are wasting your time…

If you want to troubleshoot a buffering issue then provide debug enabled logs demonstrating the problem.

Wasting my time ? Really ? I stay try to resolve my problems whit live stream service… if for you it’s waste of time…

I can post debug log… i have posted upper here a log for resolve the CEC error and nothing has concern about this… you thinks it’s better to separate the two discussion ?? If it’s possible i can open a news thread speaking about this advancedsettings…

Now i want to know how because it’s present two files… and if the same value on two different file can create trouble…

For now i have tryed to edit this second .xml file:

<network>
        <!--readbufferfactor>4.0</readbufferfactor-->
    </network>

Chasing two different advancedsettings.xml files is a waste of time because, as I advised, the file in the advised location is the file that takes precedence.

You are wasting time of every person that reads your posts seeking help with your buffering issue if you do not provide debug enabled logs demonstrating the issue! Why won’t you tell us what streaming addon is giving you problems? I’m pretty sure I know why…

mmmmmmmmmmm… ok… i know…i read how it’s possible to upload all logs debug but i have ask how it’s possible, now, to reset all log instead to post only the parts concern the problems whit this buffering.

I can activate the debug from gui or i need to use SSH ?
I use SSH for upload the log… there’s present a command for reset ??

This is an important question that will save us all from a lot more wasted time…

because i need to know if it’s a problems of addons of it’s a simply caching problems…
I want to says how it’s working… for example:
I have set the cache to 100MB… because this 100MB it’s not filled before to start the reproduction ??
The caching size setted on osmc it’s been ignored by addons ??

I speak concert for example kodi official youtube app… in preferences i set the cache to 20MB:
The reproduction start after the first 20MB of video it’s been cached…

Not all other addons have this preferences…and i read over internet if the app don’t have this preferences it’s been used the main preferences setted on osmc.
At this point if i set cachesize to 50MB i thinks it’s normal and it’s working like youtube app… before to start all 50MB of cache has been filled… start the reproduction and continue to maintain cache and obtain a non struttering reproduction.

I can’t speak english not very well but i thinks it’s very clearly what i stay to say… right ? You have understand what’s my problems ?

EDIT
The very strange situation and how appened on my Rasp Pi2:
I thinks if i have problems whit internet connection of buffering… i should to see and obtain the BUFFERING SPINNING or BUFFERING % appears frequently on TV right ?
No… i can’t see the buffering adventesing… simply i start a stream… the stream stopped after a courple of seconds and no buffering advert and my OSMC automatically resend and jump back to FILE and/or Channel list.

If all it’s it’s caused by slow internet connection supposedly i obtain the buffering frequently… no… there’s no my problems… i have totally different problems…

At this point i have try to find to increase the cache size… 50MB for example it’s concern alot of seconds of SD streaming but in my case apparently this cache it’s been ignored and the first buffering operation it’s like totally skipped and at this point i thinks it’s cause the reproduction break only after a courple of seconds (but i already say… i not obtain the buffering message but i send back to file/channel list)…

We have locked your thread because it is a clear attempt to obtain support for a pirate addon. We cannot provide support for these. To get a better idea of our piracy policy, please see this link here FAQ - OSMC Forums

Thanks for your understanding

Buffering is almost always caused by slow streaming servers, not OSMC. Adjusting the buffer size won’t resolve this issue.

Sam

I have re-opened the thread as the original poster has sent a private message saying they are only using legitimate addons and we have not taken his issue seriously.

When we ask for information it is because we are trying to HELP YOU. Refusal to provide requested information will result in the abandonment of support. Persistent posting in the topic after that will result in the post being locked. Please provide the information that has been requested so we can continue to help solve your problem.

Wait… all here have take this issue seriously… all there have tryed to help me :slight_smile: it’s wrong.

I only says i never says this problems it’s concern a piracy addons… i have cited “Live Streaming” only but not the source of streaming…

I have a general problems whit live streaming to resolve now… i already says:
All streaming on my oscm it’s stuck usually after couple seconds… if it’s a slow connection i thinks i can see the buffering adventing on screen but no… i will send back simply on FILE list whitout an error or similar.
I thinks this is my general problems…

Precise information ?? I have ask how i can obtain… i have ask how i can reset the log before to create a new log and no response back i obtain.

I’m not stay sitted on front on my pc wait a solution but i’m stay… if this possibly… find myself a solution and you say it’s waste of time…

If this it’s a problems… locked and end of the games…

It is PAINFULLY difficult to read your posts.

Please keep them brief, to the point and take some time to review them BEFORE posting.

To reset your log file, simply restart OSMC twice. That will remove all history from before the reboots from your kodi.log and kodi.old.log.

Ok… i understand this… but we ask to report a log whit debug activate right ?
I can follow this guide ? I can use SSH ? What’s the correct command i need to launch ?

Otherwise before to procede all whit this buffering problems (supposly it’s) you don’t thinks we need to found a LEGALLY Live Streaming service can all togheter tested on osmc ?
Concern Piracy streaming… how can it be found (or better how we can determine when a streaming it’s legal ?) a legal streaming when we stay to use a open souce media player ?
For example:
I live in italy… pick RAI SPORT 1… on official site there’s present a OFFICIAL and legal live streaming but this streaming it’s remain legal only when it’s watched from browser (it’s writed in the site). All streaming it’s be considered piracy if watched from not authorized source… ironically also a youtube video can be watched only from authorized app (android app… iphone app and smart tv app etc. etc.) and i don’t thinks the app for kodi it’s authorized app :slight_smile: or i’m wrong ?

Please edit that post to help us read it.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. Please see How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC for advice on how to help us.

Ok, enough with the legality concerns.

The buffering settings in OSMC are already optimal. They should be OK for streaming services providing sufficient bandwidth. I would recommend you check your Internet connection speed as well as the provider’s speed (can you try streaming from a computer?)

If you would like to adjust buffering options, you can do so by editing /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml. Do not edit /usr/share/kodi’s advancedsettings.xml, as this is overwritten on updates. Your local one in /home/osmc will supersede any OSMC defaults.

Sam

Try to understand… it’s the best i can do… i’m italian man… sorry.

Again:

• What’s the correct SSH command i can use ?
  • After i have activated the DEBUG… i need only to reproduce my problems and immediatelly after that goes on ssh and obtain the full log ?

Try to responde all question:

• Streaming from a computer no have problems… i ever watching xvid/x264 using SMB from my pc connected by LAN and no same problems obtain.

My problems appears only whit LIVE streaming… i know there’s exist so many mode to obtain a streaming and so many sources and exist so many types of streaming.
I know the streaming can be obtained by rtmp… sftp… http or p2p stream service (legal or not if you want), you totally right… if the service providing has no suffici entbandwidth we can create some problems during reproduction and i already suggest this way:
We need to found a live streaming we can all test… if you don’t have problems and i yes at this point i can try to provide here a full log.
I thinks this is the best solution… only in this mode i hope we can exclude a lot of factor can be influence in negative the live streaming…

Ah… i have a Telecom Italia ADSL 7MB/S… i have obtain a speedtest about two hours ago i obtain a download speed to 6.4MB/s (speedtest.net). Whit this i can stream a 1080p thinks but i have this problems whit many online streaming i try to watch (on youtube app for example i have to do set the cache to 20MB) this afternoon.

Otherwise in italy it’s 3:00AM… i need to go to sleep for today…

grab-logs -A
and then post the URL