OSMC - Wont boot 8/10 times

Hi, i am using OSMC.

I have Raspberry pi 3 Model B+ and are using kingston 16gb micro sd hc to boot.

I have tried 2 times to format and reinstall OSMC, but 8/10 times when i try to boot, i get the following errors:

Does any of u know why? is SD card to bad quality?

I have downloaded OSMC from Download - OSMC and are running newest ver.

Thank u very much
//Slebo

Hi,

It seems like your SD card may be problematic.

Some SD cards are not genuine or have a lower capacity than advertised. Some simply fail over time.

Symptoms of SD cards not working correctly are:

• Read-only behaviour, or changes made not persisting
  • A filesystem corruption error

Symptoms of counterfeit SD cards are:

• Writing works until a certain filesystem size is reached, thereafter, writes seem to cause issues where existing data is lost or newly written data is not preserved.
  • SD card fails after a short amount of time.

Counterfeit cards are usually found on Amazon and eBay.

SD cards have a limited lifespan. I recommend you change SD card and suspect that issues will no longer persist with a good card. If you would like to be a good quality SD card purpose manufactured for OSMC, then you can find one in the Store.

Hi Sam,

I bought the SD cards from the store, it it works its an easy fix. ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey guys.

As earlier mentioned i bought the SD card ! :slight_smile:

In the beginning it worked flawless, (first 10 times atleast) now it wont boot 9/10 times.
With my last SD card, it tried to boot but showed all kinds of errors on the screen when it failed booting. But now its all black and i cant even see any reaction on the television that the rasp pi has received power. So what i do is, turn on power for rasp pi, wait 30 sec, turn off power, repeat until it boot.

Does any of u know why it dosnt even try to boot when it gets power? is there some kind of log i can download and upload to show, once it finally boot up to show why it fails the other times?

Anyways thanks all and best regards
/Slebo

Which power supply are you using?
A bad PSU will cause issues regardless of SD used.

Sam

What are the green and red LED doing when it is “not” booting?
Can you ping the Pi when it is “not” booting?

Hi Sam,

Just tried to switch with another 5v power supply, but it still wont boot :frowning:

Hi,

Only LED that lights up is the red one. Its a constant solid red.

Sadly i cant ping it, everytime i boot it, i try to search for the device on Kodi remote app on my iphone. It should give same results as ping right?

If the green LED doesn’t even blink that would indicate that no proper boot code be found. But if it works 1 out of 10 times this for me would mean your SD Card slot has an issue.

What power supplies are you using?
Is the SD recognised in your PC?

It is probably worth asking if your powering a hard drive or any other power hungry device directly off of your Pi.