Path to samba shared device

Hi, I have a HD drive USB connected to router.

With file manager, I can add this device to source list (browsing from windows network smb option).

So, OSMC can add all movies to the Library, perfect!

From file manager, the path is shown as smb://ARCHER_D2/volume(sda2)

But, how can I point to this device from OSMC? For example, if I need to change thumbnail directory from SD to this device, which one is the path? I can’t see it mounted.

(OSMC is running on a Rpi).

Thanks!

df -h
devtmpfs         172M      0  172M   0% /dev
tmpfs            177M   4,4M  173M   3% /run
/dev/mmcblk0p2    14G   1,2G   12G   9% /
tmpfs            177M      0  177M   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs            5,0M      0  5,0M   0% /run/lock
tmpfs            177M      0  177M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/mmcblk0p1   240M    21M  219M   9% /boot
tmpfs             36M      0   36M   0% /run/user/1000

I am unable to help much - but I can say that you cannot find it mounted, just because it isn’t. You just have a way to access it via the network.
Derek

1 Like

Ok, when adding stuff to the library you are using the Kodi smb client which access the files without mounting them as a drive. If you really have an interest to have it mounted as a drive you would need to do so manually via fstab.
But there is no need to do so, you just could do it all within Kodi. If you want to change e.g. the location for the thumbnail checkout example 2 of path substitution.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Path_substitution

1 Like

It works! Thank you very much. After hours of tests, I discover, diving into the logs, that we must to have a folder structure inside new thumbnail folder (0, 1, 2, a, d…). Same structure than original Thumbnail folder.

In other way, my next related question is, how can I tell to transmission where is the download folder inside smb shared device?

Should I mount it or is there any other way?

Thanks a lot.