Pi3 crashes when starting to play a HEVC-Video

After I have installed the May update, my two Raspberry Pi3 crash immediately when you start a HEVC video.

1 Like

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

Same problem my rpi3 have. All my clection of Hevc now give me reboot of my system. This videos previously were played by rpi3.

so you couldnt read the previous message about debug logs ? or did you just disregard that message in anycase just rambling on about problems and not providing logs wont solve anything.

So logs please !

as for x265 HECV isnt really officially supported its experimental at best so dont expect the world if your trying to achieve this

you can check that thread for advice

I have provided Sam with debug logs, issue is currently under investigation

1 Like

This should be resolved now.

Just Check for Updates again. It may take a little while to reach you (30-45 mins).

2 Likes

Everything is perfect. HEVC videos are now also jerk-free. Excellent work!

Sam, thanks for the quick fix on this.
HEVC 720p has become my ‘go-to’ video codec.
Glad that both my Pi2 and Pi3 seem able to play it.

my pi3 still crashes on hevc and it says there are no updates.

currently on 2017.05-2

Than I suggest to enable debugging and provide logs grab-logs -A

Logs are here

Linux osmc-huddo 4.9.29-4-osmc

Means you are not on latest version, check for updates again or reboot to use new kernel/firmware.

a reboot seems to have fixed it. now one 4.9.29-5

cheers