Pi3 w/ OSMC not displaying media on NTSF HDD

Well you never know, but I just connected my “My Passport Utlra 500GB” to my Pi3 which is powered by the Powersupply from OSMC Store (Raspberry Pi Power Supply 2.5A - OSMC) and it ran without a problem even so I already have a USB SSD connected to that Pi.

Thats the thing, it ran just fine when it was fat32 formatted. Then i reformat it to ntfs and bam, wont read anything. It still showd up on the pi, but yeah. Also, the power hub i have going to the pi is rated for 2.5 A

Ok, once again format doesn’t change how the drive works.
If you say the disk is now working (you can see files) when connected to PC. Then reconnect it directly to the Pi and provide following:

grab-logs -A
mount
df -h

Yeah i know, thats why its confusing me lol should work the same but for some reason it doesnt. Im assuming those are options in the logs menu? I’ll do that tonight. Thanks for the help so far, i really appreciate it. I’m not too good with computers lol

I really wasnt sure how to get the specific logs you asked you, i didnt see them in the log options, so i got all of them. I got the proper cable and hooked everything up (it actually powered the pi without having the power plugged in, so i know it was working) to a 1A wall charger and it still didnt show up. It showed up on my computer with the same configuration.

Heres the logs http://paste.osmc.io/hatuyevace

You don’t have a label on your drive:

Apr 27 20:32:20 Pi ntfs-3g[540]: Mounted /dev/sda (Read-Write, label "", NTFS 1.2)
Apr 27 20:32:20 Pi udisks-glue[301]: Successfully automounted /dev/sda at /media/FAC295AFC295709D
Apr 27 20:32:20 Pi udisks-glue[301]: Device file /dev/sda mounted at /media/FAC295AFC295709D

So it looks like the drive is being mounted OK.

Yeah its mounting just fine, but it isnt showing any media :\

Login via ssh and run the following
mount df -h ls -lah /media/FAC295AFC295709D

SSH into your Pi.

ls -la /media/FAC295AFC295709D
df -h

I wonder about the formatting of the drive. It should be mounting /dev/sda1, so it looks like something is odd in the partitioning. Are you ‘Safely Removing’ the drive when disconnecting it from Windows?

yeah i read somewhere that people were saying to safely remove it from the PC, which i always do regardless. ill ssh in a second

Heres screenshots after i did the 3 commands

There is definitely something wrong with that drive, not sure how you partition it and formatted it.
I suggest you redo that either again on your windows machine or alternatively we give you the commands to do it directly on OSMC.

Reformat the hard drive right? not the ssd on the raspberry pi? Just being super clear, im sure you mean my passport hard drive though lol ive reformatted it like 4 times through formatting like you generally would on windows (right click, format, NTFS, etc)

Yes your mypassport, but not reformat first you need to properly partition it in Disk manager

And maybe before creating new partitions run sudo fdisk -l and post the output

Heres the output

Ok, the partition table on the disk is definitely borken.
If you have any important data on it back it up first on your Windows machine. Then suggest you create a new partition table on that disk. Either with WIndows Disk Manager or I can give you the commands for OSMC.

IT WORKS! You hit the nail on the head, it was alllll kinds of messed up. So apparently its a 2 TB and now a 1TB like i had always seen it to be haha thanks for the help, that got it working! Thank god, that was starting to drive me crazy.