Playback problems after April update

After updating to the April update my ATV1 I’ve experienced quite a few video playback problems. When starting video playback the (Confluence skin) spinning arrow spins about half a round and then freezes. Sometimes a little bit of audio is processed (0,5 seconds) but typically no video. After some 10-20 second the screen goes black, flickers some and then the OSMC full screen logo displays and the KODI restarts.

All video material is 1080p but plays just fine on another ATV1 running the old CrystalBuntu distribution. Same CrystalHD-cards in both units. Some older 720p material seems to work just fine, however. It feels like the whole thing boils down to hardware resources, possibly…

Was any CPU intensive features implemented in the new KODI-release that might hog CPU resources to the extent that the (somewhat limited) ATV1 cannot coop with?

Did any of you other ATV1 users see anything like this with the April update?

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. Please see How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC for advice on how to help us.

1 Like

I have been having the “exact” same issues with my current system and it didn’t used to act that way with previous builds

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information, including logs from you. Please see How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC for advice on how to help us.

Too vague. This is like saying ‘My car doesn’t start but it did last week’. Are you playing the exact same content as before the update (same file)? If not – it’s not necessarily an issue introduced by OSMC. Please help us help you by providing more info.