Playback stuttering only on Vero

Hey, it seems like I got some bad movie rips.

Situation is:
When I play the file on my Vero 4K+ the movie starts stuttering.
Here is a short clip, password for download is $t4rWars

Playing the same file on my Pi (also OSMC), on my PC using Kodi, or on my PC using VLC just shows some artifacts, but it does not stutter.

Vero Logs

Even if it is caused by the bad rips, I would like to know why Vero is the only device where the video stutters.

If the video is showing artefacts on another platform, then I would suggest remuxing it. This will likely solve the issue, but there is no guarantee.

Different decoders have different tolerances for video defects.
I will see if we can improve things here, but it’s low on the list.

Ok, I’m gonna give it a try.

The log shows that the decoder crashes; and we reset it to recover.
There is a microcode update coming which may improve corner cases such as these.


Seeing a similar issue in my set-up. I have initiated debugging but I’m uncertain how to post a log or where to retrieve it. Any help to do so would be appreciated

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

  • enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

  • reboot the OSMC device

  • reproduce the issue

  • upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

  • publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Hi Sam

Think I managed to create logs successfully - here

The problem I see is that the title starts to play and then freezes - FPS drops and I get some strange feedback from my pre-pro (Emotiva RMC-1). It shows a change of audio codec being received - in this case from DTS-HD MA 5.1 to PCM 2.0. Leaving the title in what is effectively “pause” for several minutes, the title restarts with the correct audio then rinse and repeat.

I have tried cables from 4 different sources - all of which are certified Premium cables - and which work flawlessly with other sources (Kaleidescape, Sky Q, Shield TV and Apple TV4K)

Thanks for having a look. Hope I’ve provided the logs correctly

@sam_nazarko - think I may have resolved the issue.

Decide to troubleshoot some more and while checking the network connection, noticed that both wired and wireless were connected. Disconnected both and reset the wired connection. Seems to have resolved the issue.

Thanks for the assistance and apologies to the OP for hijacking the thread, thought it may be related.


Remuxing didn’t really work. Usually it takes about 2 minutes for a 30GB file, but for some reason at about 80% it slowed down drastically. Seems like there was something very wrong with one of the audio tracks, because remuxing only the video track into a new mkv file worked, but the stuttering and artefacts were still present, so I just decided to rerip the movie from Blu-ray. Now everything is fine. :slight_smile: