Power management

How do I set the Vero 4K to turn off the monitor after a certain time so that it’s still able to be woken up with the remote? Currently, I set the device to power off after 2 hours, but that requires unplugging the AC adapter and plugging it back in in order to turn the device back on. Is there a better way to do this? Thanks.

Well the newly introduced suspend mode would do exactly that. So instead of poweroff after 2 hours initiate suspend

1 Like

Perfect, thanks!

Tried the new Suspend option, and it doesn’t seem to be working. The Vero goes into suspend mode and then wakes up some time later for no reason. This has happened several times over the last 24 hours. I have an external USB-powered portable hard drive connected to the Vero, in case that’s relevant.

Enable logging and check what wakes it up. Can be either a remote control press or a CEC command.

OK, logging enabled.

If you want you can monitor it from a SSH session via tail -f .kodi/temp/kodi.log then you can match the entry the moment the device wake up

Here’s the log.

https://pastebin.com/4WHNbMs0

Link doesn’t work.
Suggest to use grab-logs --kodi to upload.

Works for me in different browsers. Which part doesn’t work?

I get an empty window

Try scrolling down, it’s there. I even tested it from a phone.

It is working now. So which time your Vero woke up?

Not sure, I left it suspended and walked away. But it always wakes up on its own.