Presently unable to install vero3-userland-dev-osmc

Hi,

I have installed vero3-userland-dev-osmc on numerous occasions without issue.

Today there seems to be a mismatch between the version of this package and vero3-userland-osmc i.e.

sudo apt-get install vero3-userland-dev-osmc

Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
vero3-userland-dev-osmc : Depends: vero3-userland-osmc (= 1.3.6) but 1.3.8 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Indeed I find:
sudo apt-cache policy vero3-userland-osmc

vero3-userland-osmc:
Installed: 1.3.5
Candidate: 1.3.8
Version table:
1.3.8 500
500 http://apt.osmc.tv stretch/main armhf Packages
*** 1.3.5 100
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

sudo apt-cache policy vero3-userland-dev-osmc

vero3-userland-dev-osmc:
Installed: (none)
Candidate: 1.3.6
Version table:
1.3.6 500
500 http://apt.osmc.tv stretch/main armhf Packages

My system was fully updated at the time. I’ve downloaded and tried clean installing from the last few images but all have a mismatch. Is there an issue in the repository or something I can do at this end?

Many thanks folks,

Indeed the 1.3.8 version of vero3-userland-dev-osmc belongs to the stretch-devel distribution.
Adhoc you can install it changing /etc/apt/sources.list and add stretch-devel there.

Yup, dependency should be >=1.3.5

You can install 1.3.6 directly though:

sudo apt-get install vero3-userland-dev-osmc=1.3.6

And then install vero3-userland-dev-osmc

@sam_nazarko Should be able to easily fix the package dependency.

The problem was that the devel package wasn’t pushed from stretch-devel to stretch in the update. I’ve now resolved this.

root@sam-XPS-15-9550:~/Code/Git/osmc-org/osmc/tools# python apt-checker/compare_packages.py | grep userland
pc-userland-osmc                         amd64 1.0.0-2        amd64 1.0.0-2        
rbp-userland-dev-osmc                    armhf 2.9.0-1        armhf 2.9.0-1        
rbp-userland-osmc                        armhf 2.9.0-1        armhf 2.9.0-1        
rbp-userland-src-osmc                    armhf 2.9.0-1        armhf 2.9.0-1        
vero-userland-dev-osmc                   armhf 1.2.0-8        armhf 1.2.0-8        
vero-userland-osmc                       armhf 1.2.0-8        armhf 1.2.0-8        
vero2-userland-dev-osmc                  armhf 1.2.0-4        armhf 1.2.0-4        
vero2-userland-osmc                      armhf 1.2.0-4        armhf 1.2.0-4        
vero3-userland-dev-osmc                  armhf 1.3.8          armhf 1.3.6           <------
vero3-userland-osmc                      armhf 1.3.8          armhf 1.3.8          

@JimKnopf I’m building SDL2, emulators etc for the Vero4k. I’ve managed to pull it in from stretch-devel as you’ve suggested so I’m back to work, thanks.

@TheHacker66 That didn’t fly for me, but thanks for looking in anyways.

@sam_nazarko Thanks for the fix. I assume that will kick in with the next update?

Nope, it should work once apt mirrors will be synced.

Should be ready in an hour at the most. You just need to run apt-get update again.