Problem with permanent writes to FS

Hi,

I have:
osmc@osmc:~$ grep Kodi .kodi/temp/kodi.log | head -3
04:27:09 10.277564 T:1958364080 NOTICE: Starting Kodi (17.0-ALPHA1). Platform: Linux ARM (Thumb) 32-bit
04:27:09 10.277637 T:1958364080 NOTICE: Using Release Kodi x32 build (version for Raspberry Pi)
04:27:09 10.277714 T:1958364080 NOTICE: Kodi compiled Mar 18 2016 by GCC 4.9.2 for Linux ARM (Thumb) 32-bit version 3.16.7 (200711)

osmc@osmc:~$ grep VERSION_ID /etc/os-release
VERSION_ID=“2016.04-2”

For past few month I didn’t use my RPI2 and OSMC. Now I wan’t to upgrade OSMC to newer version.
I use command line. I type as root:
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
reboot

After that nothing is change.

I realize that even after:
echo “deb http://apt.osmc.tv krypton main” >> /etc/apt/sources.list
reboot

After reboot there is no such line ie /etc/apt/sources.list.

What can be a problem?

So no errors shown when you execute the commands?

Suggest to provide full logs with grab-logs -A

His SD card is corrupted

Try add forcefsck to cmdline.txt and boot. Remove it after the first boot

What is the brand and model of the SD card and where was it bought ?

It is quite possibly either faulty, or a counterfeit card.

Many counterfeit cards report more storage space than they really have (for example report 16GB but really only have 4GB of storage) so they work fine until that amount of space is used up then further writes to the card are discarded. Thus you are unable to make any further changes to the file system - the card reports to the OS that changes were written to disk but in reality they were not.

I would try a different SD card.

http://paste.osmc.io/ganarafaci

I will check the SD card.

I suggest a clean reinstall for the simple reason that you have run apt-get upgrade which is known to break dependencies. Always use apt-get dist-upgrade.

Also unless you are running any other OS I suggest not to use NOOBS but the OSMC installer.

Hi,

it was SD card. It was read only :wink:

With another card everything is OK.

We can close thread.