Raspberry Pi 3 running OSMC rebooting

Hi,

I have a raspberry pi 3 running OSMC and it reboots it’s self. I get a sad face come up.

I thought I could be over heating so fitted a fan and heat sinks but this didn’t make any difference.

I then tried a full reinstall and again this hasn’t helped.

Would anyone have any ideas what it could be.

Thanks Aaron

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Assuming this rull reinstall did not include anything that would have added instability, then the majority of the time it is either insufficient power or the SD card.

I am using the power supply that come with it 5V 2.5A. And the SD card is also the one that come with it maybe I should try swapping the SD card. When I did a full reinstall I formatted the card and got the files from the raspberry pi site.

It is not uncommon for power supplies to degrade over time. Having relatively high current devices plugged in can be problematic as well (bus powered hard drives for example. Likewise SD cards don’t live forever. I’m not saying that either of these are defective in your case, rather i’m just pointing out that these are the two items that are almost always at fault absent a software issue.