Raspberry Pi3 Update from OSMC May 2017.05-2 to 2017.05-3 Problems

Great, Let me Try that out. Do I have to just paste this line in the config.txt file only and boot.

Yes.

Hi there,
I have Pasted the “dtoverlay=mmc” line into Config.txt file and started my RPI3,
I see the it is not booting still the same stick on the Same screen Remember it happens when you update to update OSMC MAY 2017.05-3 and after reboot.

Screenshots are as follow:

and

We need to be methodical and only do one thing at a time, if we’re going to solve your problem.

1. If you downloaded the 2017.05-2 image, check its md5sum value. It should be 299a530ae0e7e50e0ff16b57d0e0f2d0.

2. Install the 2017.05-2 image and then run through the initial configuration. Do just the minimum necessary to get through this part. If possible use DHCP for the IP address. Don’t edit config.txt.

3. Once the initial setup has been completed, SSH to the Pi and run:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y dist-upgrade
     grab-logs -A

then let us know the URL from the grab-logs command.

4. Do not reboot or do anything else for now.

sure I will do that today and get back to you.
Just for your information.

I downloaded and installed Librelec (OS) Kodi 17.3 on the same older Sd Card, and Raspberry it just works fine. so there is not issues I guess in the hardware at all.

But to day I will install the OSMC again and revert back to you with above actions and results.

Just dd the image for now; the problem is almost certainly caused by the imaging process (OS X)
Then it will work.

Sir, The Updating to OSMC MAY 2017.05-3 is not related to OS X because on Mac I simply can’t write the image to card because installer have issues.
so I used windows PC to write image OSMC MAY 2017.05-2 and then use in my Raspberry it starts fine, and even updates fine, only after the re-boot (Once updated to OSMC MAY 2017.05-3) it fails to start.
I hope you get my point.

Then you need to follow @dillthedog’s instructions
I suspect the SD may be in a bad shape; or when you update you will also find problems. Perhaps LE haven’t pushed an update since the image you downloaded, so you haven’t run in to issues yet.

I will follow his instruction and update the same here, But even on 2nd Brand new SD Card it is the same issue, and on the other side Librelec (OS) Kodi 17.3 just works fine on both old and new Cards.
with out any single issues.
I will write the image OSMC to one of the cards and revert back after applying command told by @dillthedog’s