my OSMC Installation on a Raspi 3 B wont boot when USB (HDD) SSD is connected over an active Hub.
Raspi 3 B
Active 4-Port USB Hub
Crucial MX300 525 GB SSD 300 - Solid State Drive | Crucial.com
Hard Drive Enclosure with SATA-to-USB controller from Toshiba
SanDisk Extreme 32 GB microSDHC with latest OSMC
What happens when i try to boot?
I can see the OSMC splash screen for a short moment, then the screen switches to completely white with a mouse arrow in the middle of the screen. I do have a USB-Mouse connected but im not able to move the mousearrow in the white screen. It seems that the raspi is completely frozen BUT
as soon as i disconnect the USB-SSD, the raspi is booting up after a few moments.
What ive tried so far
- if i connect the USB-SSD directly without the active hub, raspi starts but the usb-ssd isnt working > im sure: not enough power
- if i connect the USB-SSD to the active HUB and AFTER boot, it works flawless
- if i reboot the raspi - the white screen pops up again and the boot progress hangs
- i formatted the drive with ext4 = white boot screen
- i also tried ntfs = white boot screen
- i deleted all partitions and tried to setup the ssd in windows as MBR and formatted it again with ntfs = white boot screen
- i tried the GPT Option under Windows, format as ntfs = white boot screen
- at least i deleted the mbr completely and repartitioned + reformatted the ssd again under linux with gparted = but still white boot screen
May you have any ideas whats the problem here?