Reading problem

Good morning all,
First of all I want to apologize for my approximate English, I am French and I am speaking to you using an online translator …
I have been using OSMC for a good ten years and had never encountered a video playback problem.
This is because I have a bunch of video file that works perfectly with VLC on my PC and that I can’t play properly with OCMC.
I use OSMC on an RPi2 and on an RPi3, the symptoms are identical: the playback starts, the sound works but the image freezes every three seconds and remains blocked for a few seconds before displaying another passage which is also blocks.
As explained in the Forum, I downloaded MediaInfo and here is the link to the details of the file I’m trying to read:
https://paste.osmc.tv/amenerehuk.tex
I hope the tradiction will work and I thank you for the time you will devote to my problem :slight_smile:
Nicolas

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

1 Like

That movie is encoded with HVEC Main 10@L4@Main (also known as H.265) which the PI2/3 can not decode in hardware and therefore the software decoding (CPU) will struggle to play that.
So you either have to transcode them with a codec the Pi2/3 can hardware decode or you would need to switch to a Vero4k or Pi4.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your answers :slight_smile:
If the problem comes from my hardware, I must therefore wait for an OSMC version for RPi4.
Thanks again !

Well you could go for a Vero4k+ :wink:
Also there is already a testing version of OSMC supporting the Pi4 that works 90%.