Red Cross

I have noticed that it takes forever to scan my library when I add a movie.

I did a fresh install with a usb stick prior to posting the logs in my first post and I am currently running the latest firmware

and how do I keep it running?

Go to settings>system>logging>enable debug logging>enable

You would upload as before but by turning that on it outputs more verbose.

If this was a fresh setup how do you have a bunch of errors like this during a scan?

ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting nfs://192.168.0.200/h

I just played a movie located in h movies dvd.

I have the vero 4k connected to my router. I have 3 hard drives connected to my computer via motherboard and I have 4 drives in a mediasonic box. I turn off my windows computer when not in use. Could this cause the error on the vero not finding drives? Just tested h drive and it works fine

If your drives are not always live and your running automatic scans then that will generate errors. This shouldn’t cause any harm other than maybe slowing down the scan. You just have to make sure to never run a clean library when the drives are not available however as this will make Kodi delete items from those sources. This would have no bearing on your heat issue as the library scan is not particularly intensive.

Hopefully debug logs during idle will give a clue to what activity is happening. We have seen issues with some skins that are flipping artwork during idle, and issues with photo screensavers, but your not running either currently so we need to figure out where the activity is coming from.

I am up to 102C

https://paste.osmc.tv/icigedayuv

Can you switch your skin to Estuary and see if the issue persists.

Since you can SSH in, open a new SSH connection and run top. That will show us what process is using the CPU. (Most likely Kodi, but top will verify it)

Before I switched over to Estuary the temp was 80C, I just checked and it is now at 71C

what is the command to run top?

That’s the command: top

Ran top: Kodi 85%

Any other ideas on what can be causing the overheating? It crashed twice today.

Unfortunately in that last log where you let it idle for ten minutes and said it started to heat up did not show anything going on in either the system or Kodi logs. I’m personally out of ideas.

I appreciate the time to help me troubleshoot my vero 4k+.

1 Like

Do you see WiFi as an option under My OSMC -> Networking?

I do. Nothing is enabled.

That seems a bit high. On my Vero on the Home screen Kodi runs around 40-50% (it jumps around, up to 90%, but mostly stays in the 40-50% range). So if it’s fairly steady to 85% thats to high.

Try switching Kodi to using the OSMC skin and see if that helps. If that doesn’t then I’d suggest trying with fresh Kodi settings. Just your library and sources added and see what happens then.

Switched over to OSMC skin and it ranges from 28% to 35%. Temp is currently at 77c

That temp still seems a bit high. Mine is running at 59C on the home screen.

I will check over the logs in more detail tomorrow.