Rp2 w/ OSMC scraping TV just fine, but gives error for movies

It scrapes from the TVDB just fine, but whenever I try to update the movie folders it gives me this error: “Couldn’t download information: Unable to connect to remote server. Would you like to conintue scanning?”

I have checked everything I can, but I don’t know much, so it wasn’t a lot lol

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

[Log File](http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/712848/logs.rtf)

Update
Many of the additional add-on scrapers fail to download. But I did get MyMovies.it to install, and it is currently scraping. Not sure if its going to be as accurate etc. so I would like help getting TMDB set up still. Just posting in case it helps troubleshooting.

Update
So the scraper “MyMovies.it” is spanish it seems lol! Definetly not gonna work long term, but good to know scrapers CAN work.

Also own a Pi 2 and compared your log with my working one (but I’m on Debian Stretch meanwhile).

Difference:

Your scraper:
'10:36:59.712 T:1565520880 DEBUG: FindMovie: Searching for '...' using The Movie Database scraper (path: '/usr/share/kodi/addons/metadata.themoviedb.org', content: 'movies', version: '3.9.5')'
… and this scraper is trying to to do HTTP, only
The remote answer is {"status_code":7,"status_message":"Invalid API key: You must be granted a valid key.","success":false}

My scraper:
7:38:41.893 T:1211151104 DEBUG: FindMovie: Searching for '...' using The Movie Database scraper (path: '/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/metadata.themoviedb.org', content: 'movies', version: '5.0.2')
… and is using HTTPS everytime.

No idea, how you managed to get this old scraper code on your system (it shows to be ‘Running on Open Source Media Center 2017.10-1, kernel: Linux ARM 32-bit version 4.9.29-10-osmc’) and how to fix this.

Wow, that is strange. I didn’t do anything special. I downloaded the OSMC image file, it ran through it’s installation on my flash card, and I put it in the Pi. I am also confused now.

If you go to

Settings -> Add-on browser -> my add-ons -> Information providers -> Movie Information

can you there see “The Movie Database” add-on and initiate an update?

Not sure whether my 5.0.2 version is only visible when having the Debian Stretch already installed.

1 Like

You’re kind of a genius my good sir!
It said it failed, but I tried two more times and it stopped saying failed, so it must have been doing some updates in the background.
I tried the scraper again and its working! thanks for the help!

Welcome!