RP3 SSH remote connect failure after upate to v17

Hi all. I usually connect remotely via putty to my RPi3 but I’m getting "disconnected no supported authentication methods available (server sent: publickey,keyboard-interactive)

I have googled this which says about adding keys in to certificates but I was working ok, has the update locked things down? I’m on the newest update (9th feb). Many thanks

No. Are you sure that you are trying to connect to the right IP? Did you connect with public keys before or did you enter username:password to login?

Hi sorry I thought I had already replied!

Definitely the correct IP (I’m able to connect to my FTP server on same ip so I know its correct).
I get to the authentication option. Once I put in my username it then gives me the error (I always use username and password to connect) never done (or know anything about using Public keys to connect)
the exact error from Putty is "Disconnected: no supported authentication methods available (server sent: Publickey,keyboard-interactive).

internally on the LAN I have no issues. Connect as I use to externally. username/password and I’m in…

I’m stumped

Regards

Chris

hey still hoping to get some help with this if possible.

You’re likely using a really old version of Putty.
Update it.

1 Like