RPi 2 1 Show has slow frame rate and lags

I have 1 tv show which when I try to play it on the RPi is very juttery with a slow frame rate for both the video and audio.

It plays completely fine on the computer, theyre 1080p and around 700MB each for 1 hr eps.

I have movies at 36GB 1080p which play fine so I don’t think its a resourcing issue?

Any ideas why this could happen and/or how to fix it?

It would be good if we could find out more about the file you are having issues playing. Please see the mediainfo section in How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC

At a guess it is an unsupported codec.
Possibly MPG-2 or VC-1 without a codec licence and so no hardware decode. Getting the right codec licence would fix it.

Possibly H.265 (aka HEVC) which isn’t hardware accelerated.

A debug log would show what the issue is. You can also run mediainfo to get info about codecs used.

My guess would be h.265 encoded files, as 1080p for 1h in h.264 would certainly be larger than 700MB.

Not sure but I think RPi’s in general are not capable of running h.265 encoded media (?). At least not RPi2 as in OP’s case.

It’s being worked on

I suspect you’ll need a Pi3 for good HEVC playback. 10-bit is off the cards. For now…