RPI 4 - Steamlink - doesn't work

Hey there,

I’m a long time user of OSMC, and I used it with a RPI 3b+. But I wanted a better image so upgraded it to a 4b, and I’m glad I did it.

So, let’s talk about the issue I’m encountering. I want to use Steamlink on OSMC, to do so, I install this plugin: GitHub - swetoast/steamlink-launcher: Steamlink launcher for OSMC

It went through the installation script without problem. But it doesn’t want to launch Steamlink. there is an issue on the github repository about it, but the problem seems to be related with OSMC itself instead of the plugin (cf Fails to install on OSMC Build for RPi4 · Issue #26 · swetoast/steamlink-launcher · GitHub ).

From that issue, they explain we need to upgrade/patch the osmc kernel ( Re: [PATCH RFC] drm/vc4: hdmi: Avoid ASoC error messages on startup ).

Since it is pretty old, and I don’t understsand everything, so here I’m trying to bump an old topic (sorry).

1 Like

Sam is waiting for an patch from the rpi kernel so it doesnt crash again this isnt a priority at all so just wait…

Thank you for your answer. Do you have a link or something where I can track it.
I mean, if it is on github, maybe there is a link to an issue about it?

Ask Sam for updates thats where the problem is my code is ok just waiting on that patch to get merged and growing a beard.

Do you know if Sam took some time to fix the issue?

We are on the latest kernel in staging.

You could try it and see if things are improved.