RPi update fails and results in shutdown

Hi, when installing new update ("a new version of Kodi has been downloaded, do you want to install" => Yes) the system shuts down and power cycle needed to restart RPi. Update however failed.
When then running apt-update and dist-upgrade via ssh (putty), putty session terminates at preparing unpacking mediacenter-skin-osmc_18.0.0-6_all.deb …
Power cycle needed to boot RPi.

Building dependency tree Reading state information...
Done Calculating upgrade...
Done The following NEW packages will be installed:
 libaacs0
The following packages will be upgraded:
 armv7-eventlircd-osmc armv7-libbluray-osmc base-files base-files-osmc dns-root-data libmariadbclient18 libnss-myhostname libpam-systemd libpng16-16 libsmbclient libssh2-1 libsystemd0 libudev1 libwbclient0 linux-libc-dev mediacenter-addon-osmc mediacenter-skin-osmc python-pip python-pip-whl python-samba rbp2-mediacenter-osmc samba samba-common samba-common-bin samba-libs systemd systemd-sysv tzdata udev unzip wget wpasupplicant 
32 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded. 1 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0 B/122 MB of archives. After this operation, 5958 kB disk space will be freed. Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
Extracting templates from packages: 100% Preconfiguring packages ...
(Reading database ... 39236 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../mediacenter-skin-osmc_18.0.0-6_all.deb ...
Progress: [ 0%] [..........................................................]

'putty session terminated unexpectedly

with debug logging enabled (+reboot) using manual install update via My OSMC, same issue.

log files uploaded : https://paste.osmc.tv/ayuhinotiz

Any suggestion how to resolve this appreciated

Were you previously running @gmc nightlies?

You will need to run sudo systemctl disable mediacenter; reboot and upgrade via SSH then re-enable it. There were a couple of builds with this issue.

I am indeed running @gmc-19, and following instructions did not solve issue, but again a shutdown (…).
dpkg -C revealed that there was an issue with rbp2-mediacenter-osmc package, which I could ultimately fix using
sudo apt-get install rbp2-mediacenter-osmc mediacenter-skin-osmc
thereafter I could run dist-upgrade successfully and re-enable mediacenter again
thx for suggestion to disable mediacenter