[RPI2] [Remote] MENU key is not working

Hi,

If I press menu key (KEY_MENU) on my Mele F10 Deluxe context menu is not shown.
On latest openelec image (6.0.1) this key is working.

I also tried KeyMapper add-on, but key is ignored and cannot be mapped to any action (timeouts after 5sec).

Environment:
Pi 2
2016.01-1
c956b4cdac4a593368f60eb0742faa7f

Not a bug. KEY_MENU is not the context menu. It’s KEY_TITLE that you want to use for Kodi’s context menu. It has been this way for as long as I can remember in Kodi. Odd naming I agree, but that’s what the Kodi devs chose.

It’s possible OpenElec have customised the Lircmap.xml shipped with Kodi to change this however we ship the standard Kodi Lircmap.xml and remote.xml without customisation.

Mele F10 is a remote with a usb receiver dongle. It emulates usb keyboard, so i doubt that lirc is used in my case.

More info about the key:
http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/include/uapi/linux/input-event-codes.h#L216

Lirc has nothing to do with it.

It might or might not be going through eventlircd however, depending on whether there are any matching udev rules for the USB device ID.

In any case, KEY_MENU is not correct for the context menu function in Kodi so you’ll need to customise either Lircmap.xml, remote.xml or possibly an eventlircd evmap to suit your remote.

Some more info:

On Jarvis branch KEY_MENU is present:

…while on Isengard keymap has no such key mapping.
http:// xbmc/LinuxInputDevices.cpp at Isengard · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub

So which build are you running?

We haven’t seen any logs yet…

I have no idea how to get those logs.

I already mentioned what i have installed:

Back with a log:

00:58:45 5055.560059 T:1958175280   DEBUG: CLinuxInputDevice::KeyEvent: TranslateKey returned XBMCK_UNKNOWN from code(139)
00:58:45 5056.081055 T:1958175280   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.

Two lines does not make a log.[quote=“tuscias, post:5, topic:13425”]
On Jarvis branch KEY_MENU is present:

…while on Isengard keymap has no such key mapping.
http:// xbmc/xbmc/input/linux/LinuxInputDevices.cpp at Isengard · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub
[/quote]
Except for the Vero 2, OSMC is currently shipping Isengard, so are you running Isengard or a test build of Jarvis ?
By the way the file you have quoted is for devices that Kodi directly reads using the LinuxInput API.

However some devices are intercepted by eventlircd and sent to Kodi over a LIRC socket, thus they follow a different input path within Kodi and do not have the same mappings. In this case Lircmap.xml is used.

Without seeing a proper log its hard to know whether this is happening for you. You could try running the following command:

irw /var/run/lirc/lircd

If you see activity when you press buttons on your remote it is going via eventlircd and will be treaded as a Lirc device by Kodi.

The top entry of the forum shows you how!

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. Please see How to submit a useful support request - General - OSMC for advice on how to help us.

I’ve upgraded Isengard to Jarvis-rc3 and remote MENU button started working again.

Thanks everyone for help.

Same issue with my Pi 2 on lastest update. And I edit my lircd.conf with map key KEY_TITLE. It works :slight_smile: