Sad face when playing video mariadb problem

Hi,

after reinstalling osmc, i also upgraded my synology DSM to 7.0, so Im using mariadb10 instead of 5 now. Since I wanted to begin from scratch anyway, I deleted my old database and created a new user with all priviliges on mariadb10 and included the credentials inside MY OSMC. Unfortunately, whenever I want to play a video, the system crashes with a sad face.

the advancedsettings look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<advancedsettings>
	<videolibrary></videolibrary>
	<videodatabase>
		<type>mysql</type>
		<name>kodi_video</name>
		<host>192.168.0.12</host>
		<port>3307</port>
		<user>kodi</user>
		<pass>1a2s3d}F#G</pass>
	</videodatabase>
</advancedsettings>

log is here:

pastebin log

I know its not a osmc exclusive problem but maybe someone can help me :slight_smile:

Did you configure the user access from all hosts?
2021-11-28 15:41:27.492 T:2934 ERROR <general>: Unable to open database: kodi_video119 [1045](Access denied for user 'kodi'@'osmc.fritz.box' (using password: YES))

Probably not, but how do I do that?

If I remember correctly, when setting up my mariadb 5 db years ago I just created the new username, granted all priviliges when doing so and entered the credentials in the advancedsettings. Im kinda lost now what you mean and where to set this up =)

On your MariaDB server check the privileges table.
SELECT User, Host FROM mysql.user there must be a % in the column behind kodi

Edit privileges: User account ‘kodi’@’%’

that?

Yes, that. So that is correctly configured?

I assume so, host name is %

Ok, then problem must be somewhere else. Password correct? Global Privileges including that database? Database kodi_video119 exists?

password is correct, triple checked it and global privileges are set for the username, yes.
a database itself doesnt exist so far, isnt the username supposed to create it by itself with all rights granted? Thats how it worked on mariadb5. Like I said, I never configured anything except the username there