Safely Remove (USB stick) shown twice in context menu

Now that I’ve added some USB storage to my Vero 4K I noticed that the Remove Safely option is shown twice in the context menu under Video / Files / usbstick.

Really not important but maybe it’s a very simple thing to fix.

thanks!

Can you show a picture of this, as well as confirm how the disk is formatted and if you’ve mounted manually via fstab?

Sam

I’ll add a picture later as I can’t do this remotely. The USB stick is formatted in EXT4 and it’s not mounted via fstab but automatically mounted in the media folder.

thanks!

I’ve got the same issue, NTSF formatted USB sticks, no fstab

Do both options work?

Yes, they both dismount the USB stick.

Okay, this is a low priority but I will check this out shortly.

Apparently also on Raspberry 2 current image.

But i have tryed on my osmc setup and it’s not works… click on it over context menu and nothing append.
I have tryed whit a SanDisk 64GB connected on one usb ports on my raspberry pi2 and it’s formatted in FAT32… it’s this the problems ?

Did you go to files and then try the context menu? If you are using a skin like Estuary and try bringing up the menu on the shortcuts that appear on the home screen that is not going to work.

mmmm… i have tryed from Video -> File. I see the name and open “Context menu”.
I see the “Rimozione Sicura” twice… i use both but apparently it’s not works…

I don’t know what to tell you. I just tried it on a RPi using the current image and although it did have the doubled up text which this thread is about, it unmounted and displayed a message as it should. Perhaps something is actively using it and it is causing that to fail. You could reboot and trying again, or just tell Kodi to shutdown which I believe will force the unmount.

problably yes… problably i can also try to use “Exit”. This will cause a reboot of kodi and problably i can test it’s “Safe Remove” it’s works.
Need to test… aspect some other feedback if not works for me :slight_smile: