SD Card failure

I’m not running the v17 on this install yet, but would like to after I installed CouchPotato, SickRage and got all my settings back.

I’m trying to achieve a stable install :slightly_smiling:

Not sure what you mean with your question.

Running a beta test build of Kodi is unlikely to result in the “stable install” you are seeking. I understand that you are having issues prior to implementation of v17 but I can’t avoid pointing out the fallacy in that logic.

Outcome of dist-upgrade now then?

Are you still trying to work with the problematic SDcard here?

I get what you’re saying about v17. Although I really can’t see Kodi 17 interfering with apt-get commands. My Kodi in itself has never crashed, it’s always during apt-get commands.

Just for my knowledge; could apt-get upgrade instead of apt-get dist-upgrade result in

dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)ead-only file system file system
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)
E: Failed to write temporary StateFile /var/lib/apt/extended_states.tmp

I’m running a fresh install on another SD card than the one that gave me the troubles ~10 hours ago.

Who cares? Did dist-upgrade result in the update running without issue?!

Yes, it did. But I also had dist-upgrade crash my system with all kind of errors.
Since I just started with a fresh install, I’m wondering what could be causing all kind of problems right away…

This new fresh install?

Nope, not this one.

It was already determined that you previously had a card with a hardware fault resulting in corruption. Your attempt to restore a backup taken from a corrupted installation also resulted in a problematic/non functioning system. Now a new install on a new SDcard works as expected after removing 2 confirmed problems from the equation. I don’t know what else you are trying to learn here?

Maybe I didn’t explain it properly.
The new install on a new SDCard gave me an error the first time I used the following sequence

• sudo apt-get clean
  • sudo apt-get update
  • sudo apt-get upgrade

I’ve asked if errors were to be expected and you told me to use dist-upgrade. While dist-upgrade didn’t give errors (this time?!?!), you didn’t really answer the question.

To be honest, I fear for the stability of this new install if it immediately throws errors when using normal commands. Maybe that’s just me…

I don’t know what using an improper method to upgrade the system would result in. Sorry.

Apparently I annoy you, at least that’s what your reactions tell me…

I didn’t know “apt-get upgrade” was improper.

Well, here we have it…

Google Photos

After adding the NFS shares I rebooted, then that happened.

Clearly file system corruption there.

Either you are not properly shutting down the device or there is some sort of hardware fault.

I did a sudo reboot.
That’s safe right?

Also, fresh install…

A fresh install won’t help you if there is an underlying hardware problem.

Of course it’s possible, but it’s a brand new RPi3 with a brand new official RPi3 2.5A adapter with a freshly installed OSMC…

SDcard?

Sorry, no idea then.

Plus the problem happens with two different SD cards… (although both Samsung EVO)