I’ve just migrated from an Rpi3 to a Vero4k running OSMC.
I’ve installed repository.popcornmix and then screensaver.shadertoy from there, as I did on the Rpi.
Multiple shaders are having problems, either just appearing as a static screen, showing a visible jump as they loop or are confined to a corner of the screen.
I’ve raised this on github here where it was suggested this might be an issue with the OpenGL ES2 drivers. Is this a known problem or indeed anything likely to be corrected?
Just to let you know I’m looking in to this.
That’s much appreciated, thanks.
Hopefully the issue is now addressed
I’d appreciate it if you could test this and provide feedback before we release this as an update to other users. To test this update:
- Login via the command line
- Edit the file
- Add the following line:
deb http://apt.osmc.tv jessie-devel main
- Run the following commands to update:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
- Your system should have have received the update.
Please see if the issue is resolved.
I also recommend you edit
/etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.
Thanks for the update. I’m in London at the moment but should be back for testing tonight. I’ll report in promptly.
Have a good bank-holiday those who are affected!
Regrettably there does not appear to be a change to any of the broken shaders.
Incidentally CEC had stopped working with that upgrade after the 1st reboot but after a 2nd reboot was back… Perhaps a fluke.
I’ve reverted to the previous channel but after updating again dist-upgrade claims there’s nothing to do. How should I go back to previous form, or doesn’t it matter?
Let me know if there’s anything else I can do.
Thanks for the feedback. Sorry to hear it’s not working as expected just yet.
Can you let me know any affected shaders?
In this version we are now building the screen savers downstream ourselves; this gives us a chance to correct any issues.
As long as you’ve reverted back to the stable channel – you’ll have no problems. As we just released a new update, there’s currently no difference between the two repositories
No worries. Worth a shot.
There are common timing errors and a few unique glitches which I’ve done my best to describe…
Still image with no animation:
- Fast Clouds,
- Input Time,
Runs but glitches/jumps on loop (there may be other aspects too):
- Basic Fractal,
- Coloured Circles,
- Deform Flower,
- Dot Dot Dot,
- Glowing Thing,
- Interweaving Sine-bands
- Noise Animation Lava,
- Noise Animation Watery,
- Plasma triangle - glitch in triangle corners too.
- Plasma 2,
- Silexar’s Creation,
- Sky At Night,
- Star Tunnel,
- Ball - disappears off into the darkness?
- Bleepy Blocks - all flash at the same time pretty much, normally varied as if a visualiser.
- Fractal tiling - runs but compressed in the bottom left of the screen.
- Infinite Fall - clouds but no ground texture?
- Julia Trap - juddery and huge jump/reset to start position
- Noise - fubar
- Noise Animation Electric - scaling central circle starts as a low-res square until it’s big enough.
- Simple Fire - scale issue? 3 small blobs instead of screen full of anims.
- Warp - fubar
- Water Caustic - super lo-res
I think that’s all of them.
Thanks – this is handy. I’ll see what can be done