Skin not available to other profile once used?

Appreciate this probably isn’t an OSMC issue but I’ve noticed once a Skin is downloaded and installed on one profile, that same skin cannot be downloaded and used on another profile and isn’t an available skin to download or activate.

I’ve logged into my Verok 4K and can see the skin.xml file in user data.
Does anyone know a work around or fix? Appreciate profiles are a bit broke with Kodi 18 :frowning:

If you download the skin when using the Master user, does the same thing happen?

But as you mentioned, it’s a Kodi issue, and checking the Kodi forums may help.

Yes downloading to master doesn’t make any difference

When you install an add-on on one user profile it is installed for all profiles, but it is only enabled for the currently active user. I believe this is intentional behavior. To enable a add-on in another profile you just need to go to add-ons>my add-ons>find the one you’re looking for and you should see that it is there, but disabled. Bring up its information window and click on enable.

Thanks, this appears to have done the trick, odd that it would be disabled in the master profile.

1 Like

Ive found quite a few issues with the profiles not loading correctly and I think @sam_nazarko may be on the ball looking at these two 16852 and 17039, I dont think either of these have been implemented into 18.5?

OSMC has downstream patches which resolve this issue; so these problems don’t apply to OSMC, I was just trying to get these fixes in for all Kodi users, although my approach is a bit hacky…

Is this fixed in the 3D build? I’m having profiles issues I’m trying to track down.

I gave up trying to use profiles, ran into so many issues.
I’ve created a smart playlist which filters based on folder location, I.e created a “Kids” playlist that only looks at the kids movies.

It works really well and glad I did this now.
Screenshots below.