SMB Server on Vero. Problem with share

Hello All.

I have a Vero 4K with a 3TB USB disc attached directly to the USB port of the Vero.
I installed the SMB server from the Shop and rebooted. The USB disc got a SMB share and i can access it from my Windows 8.1 workstation.

The USB disc has some folders for Series, Movies and pictures. All was working fine for some weeks.
Then i suddenly could not copy new stuff to the disc.
When trying to copy more through the network, windows just hangs saying ‘Calculating’
The disc has about 1.5TB used of the 3TB total.
Sometimes smaller files (1GB) can be copy’ed.
If the USB disc is moved to my windows pc, it works fine. So the workaround is copying the files this way. But is not that smart, to have to move the disc back and forth all the time.

I dont get any authenticate errors and as very small files (100kb) always work this can not be the error.

What to do?

Do you use “safely remove” before you connect it back to the Vero?

Suggest to upload logs via grab-logs -A maybe we can see something.

How does that upload work.
It just gives me this output:
osmc@livingroom:~$ grab-logs -A
Logs successfully uploaded.
Logs available at https://paste.osmc.tv/
osmc@livingroom:~$

Cant see my logs at that address.

That is strange!

First of all I would like to know whether you’re using a mapped drive (so something with a drive letter) or a network location on Windows 8.1 if you try to push the data to the share.

Now, here a standard text, how to collect the data. Simply retry to upload a new log set with that:

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

So, in summary:

• activate the logging
  • reboot the OSMC device
  • reproduce the issue
  • upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A
  • publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here