SMB shares gone, todays smb update

Hi my samba shares are no longer there, not even the user share for osmc. This after i got the update msg from smbd that there was a to long line in smb.conf. cut and pasted from ssh prompt:

osmc@osmc:~$ ps auxf | grep smb
osmc      1421  0.0  0.0   2144   588 pts/0    S+   15:59   0:00              \_ grep smb
root      1117  0.0  1.4  28144 11168 ?        Ss   15:34   0:00 /usr/sbin/smbd -D
osmc@osmc:~$ smbclient --list=1270.0.1
Enter osmc's password:
Connection to 1270.0.1 failed (Error NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL)
osmc@osmc:~$

Maybe you have overwritten the smb.conf with the package default. Can you post the URL of cat /etc/samba/smb.conf | paste-log

http://paste.osmc.io/itejucikol

Noticed a few new lines in smb.conf that has been added , about user share in it’s own smb-shares.conf file. which i will do later and restart.

This looks good sofar. Maybe also post the smb-shares.conf.
If it doesn’t work after reboot you would need to share the log file for us to review

Will move my “own”-share to smb-shares.conf and reboot, but i think it’s strange that not the “user-home” share isn’t working either.

Yeah, as mentioned all looked fine.
What is sudo systemctl status samba saying

User error, noticed 1270.0.1 (missing . between 127.0.0.1). It’s just windows haveing trouble showing the Pi in network. Thanks for the help tho @fzinken

`osmc@osmc:~$ smbclient --list=127.0.0.1
Enter osmc’s password:
Domain=[WORKGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 4.1.17-Debian]

Sharename       Type      Comment
    ---------       ----      -------
    osmc            Disk      OSMC Home Directory
    PIhdd           Disk      PIhdd
    IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Samba 4.1.17-Debian)
    disc1           Disk      Auto-mount Volume

Domain=[WORKGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 4.1.17-Debian]

Server               Comment
    ---------            -------
    AGNETHA-DATOR
    HPLAPTOP
    LIAM-DATOR
    OSMC                 Samba 4.1.17-Debian

Workgroup            Master
    ---------            -------
    WORKGROUP            OSMC

`

You can’t have run any updates for about 4-5 months then - as the user shares section has been there for many months…

Can you explain what you mean by this ?

Was user error, my testing smb with smb-client i wrote the wrong IP. The reason i check this was that my windows machine didn’t find the Pi, but i think it was windows haveing issues not the OSMC. So you can delete this thread. it was just PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair).