[Solved] Video lag and HDMI disconnect since october update

I am using OSMC since the beginning on my Pi2. Since the last update I am experience severe video lag on videos that where playing without a problem. Most of them are 720p 5.1 Videos.
The Videos don’t stop but the HDMI connection seams to break completely ( sometimes the TV doesn’t even recognize a HDMI connection)

The CPU load is around 60-100% while playing the videos. I am using Hyperion which uses 5%.

This is a completely new issue after the October update.

The video files are located on my NAS connected via Ethernet and played via nfs.

Thanks for your hard work. I hope there is something you can do.

[Edit]
If I disable all Hardware Acceleration than there is no HDMI break but the CPU isn’t able to play the movie.
The HDMI is disconnecting every approx. 5s even if the movie is paused.

[Edit2]
After some extensive testing i noticed that disabling Hyperion resolves the issue. Any idea why Hyperion is breaking the HDMI output?

Most likely a power supply issue. I assume along with Hyperion you have a number of LEDs coming from same power supply?

A better power supply will likely fix it.

Might be worth setting config_hdmi_boost=7 (and 11 if that doesn’t help) in config.txt.

I have an external Power supply for the LEDs. My Pi is connected to the USB of my TV. This worked fine the last 2 Months. what is config_hdmi_boost doing?
I resolved the HDMI disconnect by updating Hyperion.
But there is this file:

Codec:H264
Profile:High
Level:40
Resolution:1912x1072
Aspect ratio:16:9
Anamorphic:No
Interlaced:No
Framerate:25
Bitrate:5449 kbps
Bit depth:8 bit
Pixel format:yuv420p
Ref frames:4
CABAC:Yes
Audio
Language:eng
Codec:AC3
Layout:5.1
Channels:6 ch
Bitrate:375 kbps
Sample rate:48000 khz
Default:Yes

which always crashed the pi2, but only if Hyperion is running.

Can you produce a cut down sample of the file and upload to a hosting site (e.g. dropbox or google drive) and I’ll have a look.

Thanks for the offer but just tried playing this video with an external power supply and everything is working fine. No idea why this is needed because I am using an external power supply for the LEDs. Maybe there is some current needed from the PI even with the external power supply for the LEDs.

Not too happy with using another power supply for the PI. The TV USB solution was such a nice way to power the PI.

TV USB ports often only supply 500mA, which is not enough for a Pi. Some are better than others, but it’s guaranteed to be sufficient.

Thanks. I am now using an external power supply. I even could activate all hardware acceleration now, which reduced the CPU load for this movie to around 40% quite impressive.