Some TV shows not appearing

I have my OSMC connected to a WD external HDD. Since purchase i have added tv shows to the HDD, scanned for new content and all the shows appeared in my ‘to watch’ area.

Recently it is hit or miss if the tv shows appear. I can navigate to the video files by going through system manager and navigating to the hdd, but i should not need to be going this long way around.

Any ideas what is causing this?

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

1 Like

The logs will definitely help, but depending on how long you’ve been using OSMC, you might, by default, be using a TV show scraper that the Kodi team is probably going to mark as broken soon because it’s failing more and more. Specifically if you are using the TV show scraper called “The Movie Database” that is the mostly broken on that uses the older XML based scraper framework. The newer TMDb TV Shows is python based and fully supported in Kodi 19 and on (there is a version for Kodi 18 as well, although it’s mostly not supported anymore).

Here’s a link that describes how to change your scraper:

https://kodi.wiki/view/Changing_Scrapers

As a matter of full disclosure, I’m on Team Kodi and maintain the newer TMDb TV Shows scraper.

4 Likes

Thanks for your input @pkscout,

Much obliged.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I had some time last night to have a play with the box, i can confirm that the TV show scraper is set to “The Movie Database”, but I could not find any options to change the scraper.

I am using the Metropolis skin. Should i change the skin? I am worried if i change it that i will lose all configurations and bookmarks of where i am at with shows/movies!

Thanks for the help.

From the home screen videos>files>[highlight source]>context menu>change content.

Changing the skin will not affect the library at all but it will also not make any difference in how Kodi scrapes either.

We can only speculate about what the source of your issue is without logs. Please reboot twice, turn on debug logging, initiate a library update, upload logs, and then post the url that the log upload returned in this thread.

1 Like

It seems on my menu it is, “content menu”, not “context”.

Changed it to TMDb, so will see if that helps.

Thanks all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kodi has two “menu’s” that can be called up. One uses the action id of “menu” and that is the one that on most skins would pop out from the side of the screen and most would refer to as a side, sidebar, or slideout menu. The other menu action id is “ContextMenu” and it pops up a contextual menu that most would refer to as the “menu” as it is what is most commonly keymaped on a remote to a menu button or a right click on a mouse. I don’t know what a “content menu” would be other than a bad translation. I know it is a bit confusing but regardless, the content of the menu changes depending on where it is called up, which makes it a context (aka contextual) menu.

1 Like