Some video files missing in library

Some of my video files are not listed in Kodi library. VLC Media Info reports “H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10)(avc1)” or “MPEG-H Part2/HEVC (H.265)(havoc)”. I have updated the library. What else can I do? Is there a log that shows what files were ignored? Could the file/path name be a problem?

/BS

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Just to sort out a few things that don’t require a log. The scraper in Kodi does not care about the details of the file. It looks at the file name and folder path and scrapes from that. Since it is only ‘some’ files then it most likely either a file naming issue, or a scraper issue. If you want to post a log here we can take a look, but you best course of action is to post a log over in this section of the Kodi forum.

Thanks.

There are a lot of “No information found for item”. Does that mean that the movie/TV show is not found in online library? Can you make Kodi list stuff it can’t find metadata for in some sort of rudimentary way?

The logs are here.

Check “Naming video files” section on Kodi Wiki.

1 Like

You need to update your Themoviedb add-on.

Make sure for that source the “set content” has the “movies are in a seperate folder…” enabled. This option is necessary because of how your files are currently named.

I second this recommend as this is really where you should start
https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/Movies

Thanks, Yes it was naming problems. I installed the “Missing Movie” add-in as well. very helpful!

2 Likes