Streams fail to start

Have had the Vero 4k for close to 1 year now.

Info on setup:

• Fast internet connection
  • Shares to a Windows PC for a video folder share
  • HDMI into a Panasonic TV
  • Have left OS configuration pretty much out-of-the-box and have auto-updates on.
  • Have a few unsupported Add-Ins for streaming content. e.g. Spotify, YouTube, etc.

Before I start attempting to collect logs, I just want to explain a key issue that has been happening with my setup:

Fairly often, when I attempt to play a video - it fails to start playing. The playback is at 0:00, the audio for the system tones is muted as it is attempting to play the video. And it never plays. The only workaround is to reboot the device.

This happens a lot. And at first I thought it might have just been related to playing streaming content from an unsupported video plugin. But the same happens in a variety of scenarios:

• Playing a video from my PC share. Reboot Kodi and then it works.
  • Playing a video from YouTube app. Reboot Kodi and then it works.
  • Playing songs in Spotify. Reboot Kodi and then it works.
  • Play music from my PC share. Reboot Kodi and then it works.

As far as I can tell, it is not consistently something I can replicate, but I definitely end up having to reboot a few times a day.

Does this sound familar at all? Before I try to replicate and capture logs - any tips for troubleshooting or settings to play with?

I have had a 4K, and for your 1st and 4th points I can comment (can’t with 2 and 3 as I don’t do that).

I’ve never once seen this type of hang, unless the server I was reading the files from had a problem. And as to having to reboot to recover is maybe a handful of times.

I suggest that you look into your network setup. Is it wired or WiFi?

With this type of problem, supplying logs is always your best bet.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

It sounds a little familiar, on occasion I have had my Kodi lockup when trying to play videos from any source being stuck at 0% and the only recourse was a reboot.
This has happened (only rarely) across all my various Kodi/XBMC/P devices in the decade and a half or so I’ve been using the software, nearly every time its happened it was when my library was updating or when its populating a page from a streaming site and I’ve been too impatient to let it finish.

As I said this is a rare bug which I’ve never been able to reproduce from one instance to another but it does happen, do either of these two scenarios fit in with what you’re experiencing?

Still have the same problem (was abroad for a bit).

Has been happening every day, only a reboot seems to fix it.

• Fresh start
  • Play around 2-3 videos ok
  • Intermittently videos fail to start.
  • Behaviour is that the video looks like its about to start, then fails.
    - YouTube
  • Any video I then try to play (even prior ones that played ok) will not start

THis error appears in the logs:

21:11:37.019 T:3170890496   ERROR: Unable to load libamplayer.so, reason: libamplayer.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
21:11:37.019 T:3170890496 WARNING: CAMLCodec::CAMLCodec libamplayer.so not found, trying libamcodec.so instead

Logs:
https://paste.osmc.tv/zidopuvapu

• Was watching Simpsons ok
  • Tried to then watch a film called Two-Lane Blacktop (Fails)
  • Also tried to watch Die Hard (Fails)

Hi there,

Unfortunately we’ve had to remove your thread from public viewing because it mentions a pirate addon, repository or website. We cannot provide any support for piracy. You should seek support from the developer of the addon or provider of the repo.

To get a better idea of our piracy policy, please see this link here FAQ - OSMC Forums You are welcome to edit your post and request for it to be re-listed at anytime. Do not simply duplicate the post.

Thank you for your understanding