Stuck on "Please stand by"

It’s probably worth opening a support ticket with reference to this thread.

I would recommend trying another power supply / USB A to A cable.

Forgive me for being dense, but I don’t see a place to open a support ticket. Where do I do that ?

Either under My OSMC or by emailing support@osmc.tv.

My Vero 4k+ has lately done something similar.

It is not being used every day, sometimes weeks go without TV switched to Vero. But lately every time TV is switched to Vero, the TV does not detect a signal.
I power cycle the Vero (unplug wall wart), sometimes several power cycles are needed where the Vero is “stuck” on “Please stand by”, or the TV loses signal after few seconds of “Please stand by”. Sometimes the “red cross” light turns on.

Eventually after one - few - several power cycles Vero boots correctly.

To OP: did you try power cycling the device several times before you started to mess around with re-installing firmware?

I sure did. Probably tried power cycling 10 times, then started with a rebuild, since at the time, just figured mostly likely problem was a corrupted OS and/or SD Card. It’s been quite a journey. I’ve now bought a replacement power supply. 2 amp output with a matching barrel connector. No joy. Doesn’t boot with a re-initialized SD card. Also bought a double-ended USB-A cable, going to try that next with a 500ma standard USB power supply.

Quite honestly, my real work-around here: I bought a Raspberry Pi 3 B+, installed OSMC, loaded the Plex Add-on, and was back up-and-running in 30 minutes. And for my use case (non-4K content), it actually seems faster than the Vero 4K. I’m sort of tired of horsing around with this, so I think I’m just going to write-off the Vero 4K. It worked for 2 years, I guess that’s reasonable.

I don’t remember where we got with this – but happy to revisit things

Thanks for the offer, @sam_nazarko. At this point, I’ve kind of given up. Sort of reached a threshold of time I’m willing to invest (which hasn’t been small). As this point, I’m assuming that something must be amiss with the hardware itself. I’ve tried a new 2amp power supply, and I’ve also tried a USB A-A cable (which showed a bit more promise, with the red light staying on forever, rather than going out right away).

This doesn’t sound right.

If you’ve given up – fair enough, not sure I can help.
But this doesn’t sound normal and I am happy to assist.