Stuttering in movies/streams unless i see the menu bellow

I got this weird problem lately on a pi2. Almost everything is stuttering…anything i play is like it’s skipping a few frames…but if i move the mouse and the menu appears with the buttons etc…then the video is working fine in the back.
I tried reseting the video settings/audio settings and that helped with the local video files i have on a HD…but the streams are still stuttering.

Any idea what could be the problem ?

What streams from what source?

Any iptv streams. But they play fine (the same streams) on the pc. And they were playing fine a few weeks ago on the pi as well.
The only change that i did on the pi was switch to 1080p resolution last week…but then returned it back to Desktop.

Basically any stream…youtube, tedtalks anything…when i move the mouse i can see the video is playing fine in the background though.

I think i figured out the problem…the kodi player doesnt send a stop command when i stop the video…I dont know how to explain it cause i dont know how the whole thing works…But when i stop a video after a few minutes i get that popup saying playback failed…with an ok button. So i waited for a the popup, then went to youtube again and the stream was working fine…so i guess something is ‘working’ in the background, thus the stuttering.